Do the Cowboys beat ATL with Garrett as HC?

Cebrin

Reaction score
No idea because great coaching wasn’t the reason we won the game.

I think what you have to ask is if the way Garrett ran the team could we have adjusted and actually blocked their guys as well as we did with our 2 starting tackles out.
From what I saw personally, it was less about blocking, and more about coaching. The game plan was faster. That helps bypass the pass rush (same as the Rams did to us). This team shot it self in the foot early with turnovers. Great plays by the Falcons defense. A freakish game. Dallas sewed it up at halftime. What a game. Hopefully we build on the momentum of that second half going in to the next game.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Garrett never leads a fierce comeback. He would rather do the same thing over and over game and hope for a different results. He was bailed out a lot by Romo changing the plays on offense. Only then did we were able to make a comeback.
How about the GB playoff game? They came all the way back Just has a miracle play by Rodgers end it. Garrett’s teams rarely got fully blown out.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Just curious what the board thinks ?
I think it was key that Mac went no huddle early in the game to give us a chance to score without burning up clock time.

On a related coaching note, can't believe the Falcon's blunder on the onside kick.
Don't know if it was coaching, lack of preparation or a player mental error?
Nice to win a game like that instead of being on the losing end of that kind of gaffe, right Leon Lett ? LOL
Did he even know you're allowed to win with only one 1st round pick on the o-line playing?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
From what I saw personally, it was less about blocking, and more about coaching. The game plan was faster. That helps bypass the pass rush (same as the Rams did to us). This team shot it self in the foot early with turnovers. Great plays by the Falcons defense. A freakish game. Dallas sewed it up at halftime. What a game. Hopefully we build on the momentum of that second half going in to the next game.

There are ways to functioning with a bad Oline and maybe the Cowboys have figured it out 15 years after everyone else.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, but Zeke would have had more rushing yards.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Can a pig Fly? For 10 years we seen what his teams does when things are not going well. Just think of Denver a couple of years ago. Same game.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Just curious what the board thinks ?
I think it was key that Mac went no huddle early in the game to give us a chance to score without burning up clock time.

On a related coaching note, can't believe the Falcon's blunder on the onside kick.
Don't know if it was coaching, lack of preparation or a player mental error?
Nice to win a game like that instead of being on the losing end of that kind of gaffe, right Leon Lett ? LOL

Not a chance. Garrett would go super conservative with the playcalling, lose by 10, clap, and say we'll look at the tape and it was a morale victory.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
No idea because great coaching wasn’t the reason we won the game.

I think what you have to ask is if the way Garrett ran the team could we have adjusted and actually blocked their guys as well as we did with our 2 starting tackles out.

Cowboys vs Falcons 2017 may give us that answer.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Garrett would’ve been on the other side of a loss like that. He was not a lucky guy.