Do the Pistons have a shot?

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
What do y'all think about the pending Finals?

I say Lakers in 6.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Every team has a shot....although that shot is as close to slim to none as you can get vs the lakers in the finals.

However I would be overjoyed to see an upset.....but have about the same chance of seeing that as I do of winning the lottery :(

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister said:
No....Lakers in 4....Wallace can't contain Shaq. He'll have a field day.

Maybe it is just me...but I do not think they win it in 4....5 or 6 maybe just not 4.

For some reason it seems the Lakers are required to have at least one, we are better so why worry about it and not take them serious game that winds up giving them a loss to regroup them. :eek:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Lakers in 5. A sweep would not shock me. Unlike Sacramento, San Antonio, and Minnesota, Detroit does not have 30 fouls to hit Shaq with. If they get Rasheed and Ben in fould trouble they are sunk.

BillsFan

Bledsoe for MVP
Reaction score
I'll go Lakers in 5.

Detroit just can't score enough to keep up with LA. Richard Hamilton is really the only scorer they have, and he won't be able to hang with Bryant. Also Shaq will have his own way again.

The Pistons may win a game if LA falls asleep out there which they tend to do time to time.

The Eastern conference needs some competitive teams, I bet the three teams the Lakers have beaten would all knock off the Pistons. (Timberwolves, Spurs, Rockets)

Reef Engineer

Reaction score
I don't see this going past five games myself. I think pride alone will eke out a win for the Pistons but the Lakers take it in five.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Evidently they do.

It's pretty obvious what they are going to do....let Shaq and Kobe have their points but hold everyone else back.

Can the Lakers hadle the D? We'll see.

Reef Engineer

Reaction score
Well, unless the Lakers get the next four games, there goes my five game prediction! :eek:

Lakers looked bad today - ugh.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
This Laker team with all of the supposed talent took OVERTIME to win? This SHOULDN'T even be close, yet it is.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Jimz31 said:
This Laker team with all of the supposed talent took OVERTIME to win? This SHOULDN'T even be close, yet it is.
I'm a Lakers fan. I like the Pistons defense. Luke Walton is a friend of mine. I was so glad to see him be the "X-factor" last night. I hope it means he gets more PT. His hustle was contagious and that is why the Lakers are nto down 0-2 and looking like the most over rated team in History. I couldn't be happier. Now, Detroit has to hold their own fort. Lakers still have to win one in Detroit to win this. They lost Home court advantage. If the Pistons play this well at home, upset city.

Reef Engineer

Reaction score
I actually expect the Lakers to come out and play better on the road than they did at home the last two games. They're lucky to be tied at this point. I think that they'll come in more focused than they were at home and play up to their potential.

On paper, this isn't even close. Shame for them that the games are played on the hardwood floors and not paper, however.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Something tells me the Pistons just blew the series by not keeping that lead. If history is any pattern, the Lakers are going to come out on fire now after a game of last minute heroics.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Something tells me the Pistons just blew the series by not keeping that lead. If history is any pattern, the Lakers are going to come out on fire now after a game of last minute heroics.

It looks to me like history is no lesson.

Pistons killing the Lakers right now.

The Pistons have out-played the Lakers in every game so far.

Pistons in 6....maybe even 5.

Lakers can't handle their D.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I wrote the Pistons off before the series began, I wrote them off after they blew that lead in game two, but they keep proving me wrong. They're definitely for real. Looks like the top teams in the Eastern Conference can compete with the Western Conference now. Good for the Pistons.

I'd love to see the LA Flakers lose, I hope Detroit can win it.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TruBlueCowboy said:
I wrote the Pistons off before the series began, I wrote them off after they blew that lead in game two, but they keep proving me wrong. They're definitely for real. Looks like the top teams in the Eastern Conference can compete with the Western Conference now. Good for the Pistons.

Same here....that Detroit D is really been impressive.

Wow I could see the Lakers losing this game last night going in...I did not think it would be a stretch to think they could beat the lakers last night as the game before was close....but to blow out the lakers by 20 points was amazing.

I tell you I think the lakers went into this thing thinking (as I believe they normally think) that Detroit was nothing and they could just flip the switch and take them out.

Whether they win or not...the Pistons have earned my respect with the way they have played.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:

I think even the Lakers wrote them off before they played game 1.

Now, they are in real trouble because they have absolutely NO answer for the Pistons tenacious defense.

Their fans got too caught up in the "flip the switch" crap. I've never believed it in the first place.

I seriously wouldn't be surprised to see the Lakers lose the next two games. They look lost out there. Kobe getting all frustrated in the paint, etc.

It's over......mark the tape. :D