Do we bring back Anthony Henry next year?

elcocinero

Reaction score
With the play of the rookies this year, as well as having Pacman and Newman, do we bring back Anthony Henry next year? Do we move him to Free Safety, and slide Hamlin over to strong safety?

Next year is the last year of Henry's deal. He is scheduled to make $2.6 million plus a $1 million roster bonus due in March. If we cut him we will save $3.6 million against the cap.

The Panch

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2497961 said:
At free safety... Roy Williams will be the odd man out.
I agree. We need to build depth at Safety and that's all he's good for right now.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Unless we draft a corner in the middle rounds, I say give him one more year...

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind him as a safety. He could then do some spot duty at CB which he's pretty much doing right now and it's working out pretty well. We definitely could use some better coverage at one of the safety positions. I wouldn't mind drafting a cover safety, but if we've got a guy that can do it, unless the money is too much, then I don't see why not.

YAKUZA

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
elcocinero;2497976 said:
The proration of his signing bonus, $2 million, would count against the cap still, so we would only save $1.6 million.
His cap hit if we keep him is $5.6 million. His cap hit if we cut him is $2 million.

Eskimo

Reaction score
With TNew, Jenkins and Scandrick around $3.6M is probably too much to pay a #4 CB. If Pacman is in the mix, then Henry is the #5 CB. I think we try to trade him and if there are no takers he will probably be released as a cap casualty.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2497961 said:
At free safety... Roy Williams will be the odd man out.

Agree as well, but if he wants to stay at CB and go somewhere else let him go.

Newman, Jenkins and Scandrick are a solid 1,2 and 3.

Plus Ball isn't that far away from being serviceable. At least he threw his head in there last night.

Pacman? He's just icing on a very silly cake if he's around.

thssanders

Reaction score
i'd keep him for another year... we thought we were as deep as could be at corner this year and we all know what happened there.... u can never have too much depth

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I thought he was going to be traded and that may still happen. We can't pay everyone. They could possibly restructure him but he will probably get a payday somewhere esp if the Cowboys make noise in the playoffs.

elcocinero

Reaction score
I think it comes down to either keeping Henry or Roy. Roy's cap # next year is $7.35 million. If we cut him, his cap # will be $5.55 million saving us $1.8 million.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
elcocinero;2498013 said:
I think it comes down to either keeping Henry or Roy. Roy's cap # next year is $7.35 million. If we cut him, his cap # will be $5.55 million saving us $1.8 million.
If we cut Roy, his cap hit is 4.44 million for a savings of 2.91 million.

elcocinero

Reaction score
theogt;2498021 said:
If we cut Roy, his cap hit is 4.44 million for a savings of 2.91 million.

I show him with 2 years left on a $11.1 signing bonus, which would be $5.5 million. Right?

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
we keep him. if 2008 has taught anything, it's you need depth because of injuries (Newman)

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
elcocinero;2498034 said:
I show him with 2 years left on a $11.1 signing bonus, which would be $5.5 million. Right?
Divide by 5 and multiply by 2.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I think you bring him to camp as a vet backup CB who plays in nickle and dime packages covering TEs. If injuries plague the team again, he can fill in a CB for a few weeks here and there.