Do we bring back Anthony Henry next year?

newlander

Reaction score
This is a toughie: not much speed to be a top CB anymore...decent safety...maybe for a year. Man, I don't know guys if PacMan wouldn't have had his little episode in the restroom and then got hurt I'd say cut him...and RoyW. will be gone so.....it'd be nice to have him back but at a reduced rate. Tough call.

Reaction score
elcocinero;2497959 said:
With the play of the rookies this year, as well as having Pacman and Newman, do we bring back Anthony Henry next year? Do we move him to Free Safety, and slide Hamlin over to strong safety?

Next year is the last year of Henry's deal. He is scheduled to make $2.6 million plus a $1 million roster bonus due in March. If we cut him we will save $3.6 million against the cap.

Yes! Henry should and probably will be back.

TEUFELI

Reaction score
Well you know Roy is gone...and forgive my lack of faith here, but there is no way in hell PacMan keeps from getting a speeding ticket over the entire offseason. (which will in itself get him a lifetime suspension) So when you lose Pac and Roy, I think Anthony does have some value b/c of his versatility and experience. But if we draft a safety im the first 3 rounds (which i think we have to, but I have thought that for the last 3 yrs and it hasnt happened), maybe we dont have to have him. We'll see...

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
jobberone;2498095 said:
I don't think most believe you.

Hostile nailed Roy.

Will Henry be traded for Beck? Dunno. But I'm not betting against Hos knowing something...

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Vintage;2498223 said:
Hostile nailed Roy.

Will Henry be traded for Beck? Dunno. But I'm not betting against Hos knowing something...

Nah, his inside source is Reality (Who happens to be Jerry Jones.):shush:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Vintage;2498223 said:
Hostile nailed Roy.

I don't know if he will be either, but I do know he almost was. We would have pulled the trigger if Pacman had not just screwed up and Newman wasn't dinged up.

So I'm just pushing the timetable back by saying that. By that time both teams may have other ideas.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
You can never have too many DBs. Henry would play very well as a FS, in my opinion. He doesn't have the quicks to cover today's WRs anymore, but he still might be able to stick some Tight Ends.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Vintage;2498223 said:
Hostile nailed Roy.

Well...then that would be illegal and result in us losing draft picks at a minimum if things were already in motion....I don't think that if Hos knew something that he would be saying it on a message board when it comes to something like that.

Frozen700

Reaction score
after the last 2 games? no.....he can Play Safety real Well....and can come down n play corner...and maybe play the TE better then anyone

keep him

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Keep him.. He's got a fair contract... Newman will get hurt... PacMan will mess up... and Roy38 won't be around.. But draft a FS and a SS in the draft..

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Jimz31;2498358 said:
Well...then that would be illegal and result in us losing draft picks at a minimum if things were already in motion....I don't think that if Hos knew something that he would be saying it on a message board when it comes to something like that.
No it wouldn't. I've kept things private and shared some things when I've learned them. It just depends on the situation. This is one I shared already, so I repeated it. There's no way it would be considered tampering because it is about a trade both teams discussed.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
As a starting or even a sub package FS and a serviceable backup CB, he's still a good player to keep around. Now if somehow this team drafts/acquires a starting caliber S, then you probably have to look at cutting Henry.

So Henry's future with this team will be determined by what the Cowboys are able to do at S this offseson.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
elcocinero;2497959 said:
With the play of the rookies this year, as well as having Pacman and Newman, do we bring back Anthony Henry next year? Do we move him to Free Safety, and slide Hamlin over to strong safety?

Next year is the last year of Henry's deal. He is scheduled to make $2.6 million plus a $1 million roster bonus due in March. If we cut him we will save $3.6 million against the cap.

Who said we would have Pacman next year and if he does who is to say he will not find trouble once again? Guy has a track record a mile long and you want to trust him? Please the guy is one screw up from being gone Dallas can't rely on him at all and he has done nothing to earn that trust. As for Henry I would say depending on what takes place in FA and the draft will determine his fate