Do we bring Coleman up from pract squad or resign Keion Lattimore

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
jobberone;2447735 said:
Nothing against Coleman. But I have a problem with putting a rookie back there to protect Romo. They may have to trust Curtis or use Witten some if they have to have max pass protect. MB can likely do that injured though so we can't get too far ahead of ourselves.

Coleman isn't a rookie, we first brought him in about 5/2007...though I don't trust him either. I haven't seen enough of him to have any real opinion on him though.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
TwoSteppinJJ;2447657 said:
What about the thought of Resigning Tyson Thompson?

Maybe we can give him #28 and trick some teams into thinking he is Felix Jones.

Actually, Thompson wasn't completely horrible as a RB. He just needed huge gaping holes to run through as he had absolutely no wiggle. He did have speed to get to the outside. I guess if Barber is going to miss anytime, Choice and Thompson could end up being a very, VERY, poor man's version of Barber/Jones.

Mansta54

Reaction score
It's gonna be Coleman, JJ mentioned after the game that we have a really good RB on the PS. He was talking about Coleman. I like Coleman, he's fast with wiggle.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Mansta54;2448999 said:
It's gonna be Coleman, JJ mentioned after the game that we have a really good RB on the PS. He was talking about Coleman. I like Coleman, he's fast with wiggle.
That would probably be the safe and smart move. Coleman is already familiar with the team. I know for sure that it isn't going to be anyone like Alexander.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Coleman, been here 2 years, fast, quick, looked good as a rookie, was hurt often this offseason

and besides, didn't they practice Lattimore at FB some? or am I thinking of another back from this offseason?

silver

Reaction score
i vote to promote Coleman to the 53 man roster and sign Lattimore to the practice squad

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Thomas82;2447552 said:
Joe Buck said that we should sign Shaun Alexander.

His whole telecast yesterday was full of inaccurate and frankly ignorant commentary. This ranks right up there with the quip about us losing the Jason Garrett Bowl.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Jerry mentioned that we have a "pretty good" back on the practice squad.

links18

Reaction score
I hope they re-sign Lattimore to the practice squad once they elevate Coleman. Who is going to get cut for Coleman? In fact, we will have 2 cuts to make right? One for Coleman and one for Pacman?

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
links18;2449296 said:
I hope they re-sign Lattimore to the practice squad once they elevate Coleman. Who is going to get cut for Coleman? In fact, we will have 2 cuts to make right? One for Coleman and one for Pacman?

Assuming Jenkins injury isn't serious, I gotta think Quincy Butler will be cut. Other than him, I'm not sure. Polk is playing good special teams, so I think we'll try to keep him. Same with Battle, if he shows something on special teams and can learn the saftey position quickly (since Watkins is banged up still).