Do we draft a W.R. now?

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
I can't see how we keep T.O. on the roster after all he is pulling now, if I was Jerry, directly after this giants game I'd CUT HIM and move on!

I don't see how he can possibly be on our roster next year cursing out Witten and hating on Romo like this, if so do we draft a W.R. or do we use the money on a W.R. llike Houshmandzadeh?

Scranton Tiger

Reaction score
If the Cowboys do draft a receiver, it won't be in the first round and probably not the second either. I also don't really think they'll draft one at all. That's basically why they traded for Roy Williams. After he's had a complete off season and training camp with Dallas, I believe he will be VERY good next season whether T.O. is here or not. JMO.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2492485 said:
I can't see how we keep T.O. on the roster after all he is pulling now, if I was Jerry, directly after this giants game I'd CUT HIM and move on!

I don't see how he can possibly be on our roster next year cursing out Witten and hating on Romo like this, if so do we draft a W.R. or do we use the money on a W.R. llike Houshmandzadeh?

And you'd have to be Jerry to make that move cause if you were simply the GM of a team you'd be quickly fired right after cutting TO cause you just ruined your teams cap.

Which, BTW, means you wouldn't have the money to go out and get a WR like TJ cause you've got it eating up your cap for a player you cut.

Brilliant move.

TO is going to be here, no matter how bad the haters want him out of here.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2492485 said:

T.O. isn't going anywhere, but I think we should add depth at the WR position, Stanback is virtually useless and who knows how Hurd will handle missing basically a year.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
TheCount;2496203 said:
T.O. isn't going anywhere, but I think we should add depth at the WR position, Stanback is virtually useless and who knows how Hurd will handle missing basically a year.

I think we gotta give Stanback more time to develop, he's only been in the league a few years and it's a new position from what he played in college, not to mention he really can't see the field to see what he brings to the table with all the good W.R.'s on the depth chart in front of him.
We need to give him another 2 years to see how he develops more.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Long ways away, but I'm thinking we need OL help more than we do WR help.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I would like to see a wideout in the third or fourth round.

slotshot

Reaction score
We will draft a WR high in '09...his name is Roy Williams and we used a 1st and 3rd on him. That should be enough picks used high on WR. OT/G and safety always seem to be nice values in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th...that is where I would wager we spend some picks (unless someone really falls).

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2497587 said:
you mean BACKUP O-line help, right?

I think you draft looking for starters, not Backups. Some of our guys are old, would be nice to have potential starters on the roster. But I'll take backup quality linemen even, considering we haven't drafted any of those in a while either.