Do we finally have a vertical passing game?

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2417880 said:
I never thought I'd say this but we really don't need him right now, he needs to rest. IF RW11 and TO on the field at the same time doesn't take pressure off the O-line and Romo, then nothing will...

The key is that Dallas can now use Crayton in the slot, to play the short/intermediate middle that Witten played. That's what you get when you put Roy Williams at #2, and move Crayton from #2 to #3 WR. Yes, I would love to have Witten also, but with Bennett and Crayton, we do have options.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2417932 said:
Injuries to Anthony Montgomery and Marcus Washington hurt their run D.

Well then it's on like donkey kong baby!!!:skins::skins::skins::suxskins:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2417936 said:
Flambeau, saute, all day...:D

You didnt write much... but it made me laugh my arse off....

Skewered, seared, charred... pick one, any one.......:laugh2:

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
YoMick;2417949 said:
You didnt write much... but it made me laugh my arse off....

Skewered, seared, charred... pick one, any one.......:laugh2:

You dig it the most baby!!!:thumbup:

zeromaster

Reaction score
YoMick;2417930 said:
Being that RWR is a "jumpball/great hands/catch-anything-in-his-vicinity" type of WR. He should go long.

We now have TWO KINDS OF BEASTS at WR position.
  1. TO - an "animal" when he gets the ball... a true freak at his position/self made
  2. RW - a TRUE "natural" WR.
Both playmakers.

With Bennett and Witten underneath and Barber and Felix out of the backfield.

We have ACES to go out into secondary in TO and RW.
We have ACES over the middle in Witten and Bennett.
We have ACES out of the backfield in Barber and Jones.

We SHOULD be ABLE to IMPOSE our WILL on ANY team in the NFL.
It's the "should" that's been the problem. Dallas should have 1 or 2 losses right now (thanks to Noodle Arm and his friend).

slick325

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2417877 said:
You do that than you leave an suspect O-line in harms way.

Agreed. In order to do that the OL has to play like it did against Cleveland and Philly or Romo will be getting hit a lot. Give Romo time and the veritcal passing game will be fine.

Zman5

Reaction score
YoMick;2417930 said:
Being that RWR is a "jumpball/great hands/catch-anything-in-his-vicinity" type of WR. He should go long.

We now have TWO KINDS OF BEASTS at WR position.
  1. TO - an "animal" when he gets the ball... a true freak at his position/self made
  2. RW - a TRUE "natural" WR.
Both playmakers.

With Bennett and Witten underneath and Barber and Felix out of the backfield.

We have ACES to go out into secondary in TO and RW.
We have ACES over the middle in Witten and Bennett.
We have ACES out of the backfield in Barber and Jones.

We SHOULD be ABLE to IMPOSE our WILL on ANY team in the NFL.

Too bad we don't have any ACES on the OL to IMPOSE our will.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;2417857 said:
If I were Garrett, I would send WR Roy Williams deep on almost every play. Maybe it's good that I'm not Garrett :)D) but hear me out.

With Roy Williams manning the #2 WR position we can force the Commanders to use CB Shawn Springs to cover him on those deep routes. He's their fastest guy, and the one who bumped-and-ran T.O. out of the last game.

By consistently sending Roy Williams deep, Dallas can force Springs off of T.O. to open him up, as I don’t think the Skins other corners can cover him 1-on-1. After all, Romo has more familiarity and timing with T.O., and with Crayton also, who now from the #3 WR spot, can provide a good safety valve for Romo over the middle.

The key is opening up that short/intermediate middle for T.O. and Crayton (and less so for Witten who has broken ribs). And sending Williams deep does not merely make him a decoy for the offense; that’s because even if the Skins put Springs on him 1-on-1, I like Williams to beat that, or any, 1-on-1 matchup. And if they double him, it will surely open up T.O./Crayton for single coverage over the middle, and it keeps one less Commander in the box to stop Dallas’ running game -- which should open things up for Barber.

It’s amazing what a vertical passing game can do for an offense, and Dallas has not had that the last two years – until now, now that WR Roy Willimas and Romo are both playing!

Thoughts?

he's been doing that with TO for the last 5 weeks with TO....

dallas_112678

Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2417869 said:
RW11, TO, Crayton, Austin going out, and Bennett from the TE going out. We don't need Witten right now, make him rest for the playoffs. Barber taking delayed hand-offs occasionally or dump offs in the flats, how can you defend that?

28-10 Dallas

"We dont need Witten right now, make him rest for the playoffs"

wasnt that the general concensus when Romo broke his pinky, we thought we would be ok until he got back with atleast beating the Rams easily and beating TB, but we couldnt do that. IT IS BASICALLY THE PLAYOFFS for the cowboys right now, they need to finish 6-1 to guarentee a spot, theres a really good chance that 5-2 wont do it. Witten is Romo's saftey net especially for 3rd downs and Bennet is still a rookie. Witten is someone we cant rest for the playoffs when if we dont win we may not even get there.

"he's been doing that with TO for the last 5 weeks with TO...."

True, but when he was doing that who did he have on the opposite side of him that was supposed to be opened up? Crayton. Thats very different if we had Roy Williams going deep to try and open up TO.