Do we have any rights to Renegades players?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would for be trying out their Kicker who is 8/8 and has a very strong leg...the RB who really has burst and awesome hands on swing passes, and the TE who at 6'8 is really a freak. On a breakaway TD last week he was clocked at 21 MPH...yet Jerry wants to bring back a selfish TE who can only run 21 FPH (feet per hour).

This is from the stacked thread on important NFL dates at the top of the page.

April 27

Beginning this date, NFL clubs may request permission to visit with, try out, or sign any player who was under contract to the XFL at the conclusion of the XFL season.

I would be interested in the K and the TE

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That back is Lance Dunbar who spent 5 seasons with the Cowboys and 1 with the rams before the XFL picked him up. The Cowboys already have that with Pollard who is a lot younger.

They have another RB they use that looks to have some power, hard to tackle. Can't recall his name right now.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
They have another RB they use that looks to have some power, hard to tackle. Can't recall his name right now.

It's Cameron Artis-Payne and he's a power back that's 29 and in 5 years with the panthers he was only active in 32 games and has a career rushing mark 479 yards. Then in 2019 he didn't play anywhere. I seriously doubt the Cowboys or any team will be interested in him when the XFL season is over. The XFL is a junior league and there might be a total of 2 or 3 players in the entire league that might get a look see for some NFL team's training camp.