Do we have the "right" offensive scheme for Lance

leeblair

Reaction score
I know Lance hasn't shown much in terms of play, but in terms of intangibles, is this offense built for him to be successful. Seeing him play, it seems as if they want him to stay in the pocket and be a pocket passer. He has a huge arm, I think it's been pointed out since the draft. Has he made use of it, no to be honest. When you see him taking off to run, I think he's better suited for a scheme that he can utilize his legs as his best asset. Now is being a pocket passer a bad thing, hell no! Some are good at being pocket passers, and some aren't.

Are we trying to make him a pocket passer is a question to think of, please give your thoughts on this!
I think it will keep him healthy longer, while still utilizing his mobility.
I think Lance really could be the answer at quarterback.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think it will keep him healthy longer, while still utilizing his mobility.
I think Lance really could be the answer at quarterback.
He could be but right now it just doesn't seem so, but with that i'd still like to see them not use the plays we would for dak

sbark

Reaction score
Lance 1st instinct is to not turn it over
Randy Hedberg 1st priority as his QB coach

In camp, couple piks to a LB lurking underneath
Does he trust MM system to run clearing
Or was that mis-routes by 4th string backs?

MM wont show plays that he needs in reg season.....such as the one dak blew
(Fergy in thr flats covered, CD on a post
Wide open....dak panic, rolled away, sack.)

Trey needs to be able to do it all
Does K.City have a system?

Try does need TE Stephens in huddle 90%
Its his safety valve.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
He could be but right now it just doesn't seem so, but with that i'd still like to see them not use the plays we would for dak
Those were not "Dak plays", that was a vanilla offense and called for young inexperienced QBs. He struggled with vanilla.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
You don't create a whole offensive play book for a QB you're not even sure about whether he'll play or not. The Cowboys don't have to scheme for Lance. If he shows enough promise on some easy plays and Dak leaves, then they will.

Until then it's purely hypothetical.