Do we have the slowest WR in the division ?

BiffWellingtonIII

Reaction score
I mean add Witten and we have the explosiveness of an angry Turtle ...

Very concerned about this because if teams don't respect our speed they can play us straight up ...

Why would you ever stack 8 v us? You wouldn't .

Devin Street?

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
They can TRY to single Dez and Romo just Zipcodes it, 10 out of 10 Air Dez-it..........

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I get your point, but this offense has been pretty stable for a while now. It could certainly use some more speed though. That's why I've always been excited to see Dunbar more involved, and why I wanted us to get Melvin Gordon in the draft. Also why I wanted us to get another Wide Receiver who has more speed than Williams.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
They can TRY to single Dez and Romo just Zipcodes it, 10 out of 10 Air Dez-it..........

Dez has shown that he can't consistently beat double teams. With no real threat of a running game, this is a concern.

Zordon

Reaction score
this is a good point. i don't see anything special in street.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Is speed really that necessary? Having said that, Dez and Terrance Williams aren't exactly turtles. T-Will averaged 16.8 yards per catch last year somehow.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Dez has shown that he can't consistently beat double teams. With no real threat of a running game, this is a concern.

Most WRs don't consistently beat double teams. Especially when facing the other team's number 1 CB. But double teaming Dez is great. It opens up everything else for other people.

Also Williams isn't slow.

Also our offense has been consistently great for a few years now.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Is speed really that necessary? Having said that, Dez and Terrance Williams aren't exactly turtles. T-Will averaged 16.8 yards per catch last year somehow.

Because the defense was looking at # 29. Won't be happening this year. No defense is going to be scared of Darren McFadden.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Because the defense was looking at # 29. Won't be happening this year. No defense is going to be scared of Darren McFadden.

Darren McFadden in Oakland: not scary.

Darren McFadden with the league's best o-line, Tony Romo at QB, Witten at TE, and Dez and Williams at WR could end up surprising a whole lot of people. The Cowboys' running game isn't going to be "2014 good"; but it'll still be good enough for the Cowboys to maintain balance.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score

Donny ur out of ur element, the topic of discussion is Single coverage, but Dez is open even when he's doubled up, Romo just calculates longer now due to seasoning...

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
A ton or WR are fast in shorts and a T shirt and not so fast with Pads on.

Our receivers seem plenty fast with pads on.

And if anything we gained speed when we lost Murray and gained Mcfadden (I know Murray is much better, but Mcfadden is much faster).

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Most WRs don't consistently beat double teams. Especially when facing the other team's number 1 CB. But double teaming Dez is great. It opens up everything else for other people.

Also Williams isn't slow.

Also our offense has been consistently great for a few years now.

I think the OP was saying that since there isn't a big threat of the run, it will allow teams to key in on Dez, who can't consistently beat double teams. Williams was very inconsistent against singles last year. That leaves Beasley and Witten, who are only good to run 5 yard routes.

Boyz981

Reaction score
I mean add Witten and we have the explosiveness of an angry Turtle ...

Very concerned about this because if teams don't respect our speed they can play us straight up ...

Why would you ever stack 8 v us? You wouldn't .

Devin Street?

Troll! You do it so well!

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I think the OP was saying that since there isn't a big threat of the run, it will allow teams to key in on Dez, who can't consistently beat double teams. Williams was very inconsistent against singles last year. That leaves Beasley and Witten, who are only good to run 5 yard routes.

Just go Google how many TDs TWill had. ......hint it's more then most number 2s and some number 1s

mickswag

Reaction score
pv6j9vr.gif

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I would've liked to add some top end speed at WR5, but they won't be on the field much anyways.