Do we have the worst Offensive Line in Football?

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I know there alot of folks here who a better national perspective then me. Right now, I just cant imagine any unit playing any worse.

- Mike G.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Voting does not take place until week 9.....it is a little early yet, however, our OL will be tough to beat!

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, we have the worst offensive line coach (Sporano) in the league.

-Reality

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
No. Go watch Arizona. I'm being dead serious. Their line is completely atrocious. We can at least run block and half our sacks have been on the QB.

dboyz

Reaction score
I think we're far from the worst. We just came off a pretty bad game. I would say we're average in the middle somewhere.

superpunk

Reaction score
The Miami Dolphins gave up 21 sacks in 4 games with Daunte Culpepper under center.

In the past three games, they have surrendered 5 - total.

They were, and continue to be, extremely maligned for their play, though a deeper look at the team reveals that truthfully, they are not totally to blame.

The Cowboys have give up 13 sacks in 2 games, a horrific stat to be sure. Ignoring that they have also given up only 5 in the other 4 games, and are the driving force behind one of the league's most prolific run games, is a little shortsighted and reactionary, IMO.

lspain1

Reaction score
Mike, I won't quote stats to you. You can get those yourself. This OL has been able to open holes in the running game and we have beaten weaker teams handily. We are a long way from being the worst in the league.

That being said, it is fair to say the Cowboys OL is a work in progress and has limitations. It is not clear that our line is mentally able to deal with stunting and bltzing defenses. I don't think we have been physically beaten much, but we have been outmaneuvered on many occasions. The QB has not helped and this has made us look worse on some occasions. I believe Bledsoe has been a signifcant part of our OL pass blocking problems so I think we begin to get a better feel this week.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1121850 said:
I know there alot of folks here who a better national perspective then me. Right now, I just cant imagine any unit playing any worse.

- Mike G.

Not even close.

Julius is on pace for about 1,400 rushing yards at 4.3 ypc.

Barber is on pace for about 500 rushing yards at 5.0 ypc.

Worst O-Line in football?

Give me a break.

YAKUZA

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's hard to say because the QB play has made the O line look worse and the O line play has made the QB look worse. There are problems for sure, but like someone else said, we are probably about in the middle. Romo's mobility/elusiveness might make them look a lot better.

ghst187

Reaction score
Reality;1121856 said:
No, we have the worst offensive line coach (Sporano) in the league.

-Reality

cue hammer hitting nail on the head!

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score

- Mike G.

have you seen AZ's line? it's making Edge look like Troy Hambrick

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score

- Mike G.
Our o-line is mediocre. They've actually looked good on occasion against bad teams.

CaptainMorgan

Reaction score
pretty darn close to being the worst.

when you let guys rush and dont even attempt to block them, something isnt right.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After seeing Lavar whip through our line untouched means every DC will be bring the house until we adjust. The best way to do that is shotgun, and pitch the ball to the outside, JJ has the speed to reach the corner, so I hope we use it.

However, my fear is Parcells will revert to 3 yds and a cloud of dust:)

BlueStar22

Reaction score
I just watched the 2nd half of the game from Monday night and our guys didn't look as bad with Romo in there. I suspect that he's going to make the line look a lot better than it has. Romo had pockets and time to throw that Bledsoe just did not have. Mayb Drew had started to see the rush and Romo is just young and naive but he definitely had more time.