Do we keep Lawrence on the strong side?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I like Gregory a lot as a player. He can absolutely fly off the edge.

He just keeps getting suspended and it's stunted his overall growth at a position that usually takes guys awhile to get good at.

But we have to build the roster like he isn't on it.

He showed signs of being quick around the edge sorry there are guys who are just as quick off the edge. I want discipline not running a halfway house for problem players. I'm just tired of it. I'm tired of hearing people here moaning about lack of discipline on one hand and justifying keeping problem players. You guys yell at Jones it is his fault and I agree it is his fault for continuing to take problem players and giving them 1, 2,3, 4 and 5 chances. Enough already, it is a joke to sit there and continue to roll the dice with a player who lacks any self control. He has problems? yes and I feel for him but strictly from a football stand point he is useless to this team. He got his chances and they need to move on.

quickccc

Reaction score
i'm not coming even close to considering Crawford at ANY starting outside DE edge role. and I want better options as even rotational DEs.
Tyrone starting outside has been one of the reason that lessen our defense as he's an average pass rusher and he clearly does his best work inside at DT on the nickel packages and rotations.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Hit to cut Crawford is 1.1 dead cap. Nothing since we net 8 mill but cutting him.

That said, he'd likely re-sign (he everyone look how that word is correctly spelled!) for 2 at 9-10 mill if we guaranteed most of it. That's peanuts for a productive vet leader.

You are right, I was thinking of the 3MM hit from last year. I do think Crawford comes back but at less than 2/10.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nolan and Tomsula are not set in stone where their players line up. If he's the best pass rusher, they'll line him up to get the best matchup.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Chaisson at RDE and Lawrence on the left side. I really like Chaisson a lot. He’s awfully young though and would have to learn as he went... but man, is he an athlete. Smart too.

I think they’d have to work him in slowly and rotate him with a run stopper like Joe Jackson or perhaps Crawford if he stays.

If Nolan wants to spend any time in an odd front, Chaisson would be great as a 34 OLB IMO.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
i want two ends : one like Charles Haley and the other like Tony Tolbert.

Then get me some DTs like Leon lett, Russell Maryland, and tony casillas

Boom that’s all you gotta do. It’s not hard.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
As a pass rusher Lawrence can play on both side of the line. He's skill set as a rusher is typically something you want in the weak side. However, in Marinelli's defensive line that doesn't use an LDE the same more traditional fronts do, LDE was the perfect spot for him.

Changing from Marinelli's front to a front that could favor more size (just going off the staff hires), could we possibly see Lawrence switch sides?

it is my hope that they quit keeping it so simple keeping him on one side and use him on both.