Do we need to overhaul the offensive scheme/coaches?

Reaction score
I guess it’s a question of whether the run game suffered due to coaching or Mike’s scheme and play design or the players themselves. I will say Solari seems to have done a very good job getting backups and rookies ready to play which was a problem in the past.
Agreed,,, and as fans we're not privvy to the information required to make that determination. To me it didn't look like much thought or effort was put into the run blocking schemes which I would imagine is largely MM's responsibility along with Schotty and input from the OL coach. It could be though that the lack of power at RB and the poor execution from Biadasz forced them to abandon some schemes and work with what they had. Who knows?!

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Overhaul word makes people nervous...even rebuild.... not everything can be blown up and start from scratch due to contracts, and remember we are talking about Jerry and Stephen. When they are not low balling players, they're being fleeced by player agents. Two numb nuts who once they extend some of these contracts on players will have less room for any overhaul or rebuild. And trying to overhaul or change much when you got your HC on lame duck status is not exactly smart decision making by a self proclaimed GM. And getting your DC off the couch for one last hurrah.

Yes, this team does need some major changes, but i don't expect much to change based on above factors. Zimmer will try to run his own scheme but will be limited due to what he has to deal with and one off season is not enough for this mess. Needs a lot more pieces to this puzzle beginning with just his staff. And with Jerry, you are always working with one hand tied behind your back.

btgboys41

Reaction score
We had the 5th ranked offense and the highest scoring offense. Our QB was second in the MVP race. We don’t need to overhaul anything offensively. We just need to improve the running game with a better lead back and add a better center.
Yet nowhere near enough physical or mental toughness whatsoever. It’s hard to give the core players a blood transfusion. Toughness has been the biggest problem with this team and three consecutive years is enough of a sample.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yet nowhere near enough physical or mental toughness whatsoever. It’s hard to give the core players a blood transfusion. Toughness has been the biggest problem with this team and three consecutive years is enough of a sample.
Mental and physical toughness has been an issue as well as having a head coach the players will fight for. It’s obvious the players won’t fight for McCarthy with the two losses to Green Bay we’ve had. You know those games meant a lot to him but the players didn’t bother to show up.

btgboys41

Reaction score
Mental and physical toughness has been an issue as well as having a head coach the players will fight for. It’s obvious the players won’t fight for McCarthy with the two losses to Green Bay we’ve had. You know those games meant a lot to him but the players didn’t bother to show up.
Well said.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The run game needs to for sure. The passing game is really good however.

I can’t believe they are keeping Solari.
Agreed. I thought he'd be the first to go. That passing game would really be great if there was ANY threat of at least an average run game.