Do we resign Hamlin now or later

texastwister

Reaction score
Besides Barber and Crayton this IMO is a must for Jerry to get done before the seasons end. Hamlin is the secondary captain we have been missing since DW left.

Jerry Git er done!

GhettoxCowboy

Dem Boyz
Reaction score
I say we wait till , the season is over.. and see how his entire season with us turns out.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
why push it, wait until the season is over.

we got Flo, Hamlin, and a bunch of big decisions this offseason.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
Hamlin is a must sign

WE HAVE to get rid of Roy Williams im tired of him the rest of the secondary has to do more to make up for Roy Williams coverage inabilities

texastwister

Reaction score
Why push it because it will cost alot of money then we need to get into a bidding war with other teams

DallasDomination

Reaction score
94WARE94;1765055 said:
Hamlin is a must sign

WE HAVE to get rid of Roy Williams im tired of him the rest of the secondary has to do more to make up for Roy Williams coverage inabilities

Dont speak bad about Roy dont you know it's against the Law around this part of the woods?:laugh2:

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
DallasDomination;1765063 said:
Dont speak bad abouyt Roy dont you know it's against the Law around this part of the woods?:laugh2:

i loved roy at one point...

But watching Shockey torch him all day just ended it for me i can no longer defend this guy

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I thought that Jerry signed Hamlin to a one year deal and that a NEW deal would be based on how he fit in and his production?

Anyways... I would wait until after the season. I would like to see Hamlin in this defense against some real good offensive teams. See if he is truly a good enough upgrade over last season to warrant signing a longer deal.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
texastwister;1765004 said:
Besides Barber and Crayton this IMO is a must for Jerry to get done before the seasons end. Hamlin is the secondary captain we have been missing since DW left.

Jerry Git er done!

Did you happen to hear Jerry say we are DONE signing players after the Romo deal? It makes NO sense to sign Hamlin now as we can't put any of the bonus money towards this years cap. If they had any intention of resigning him before March they would have done so before the deadline to put bonus money on the 2007 cap.

OBTW, Neither Barber or Crayton will be signed before March FOR THE SAME REASON!

dallasfan

Reaction score
We can wait. To be honest, I don't think he's exceeded expectations, but he has met them imo. We can sign him after the super bowl :)

But the real question is when do we resign Patrick Crayton?

2much2soon

Reaction score
94WARE94;1765068 said:

But watching Shockey torch him all day just ended it for me i can no longer defend this guy

Expectations for Roy seem to have been lowered so much, at least by the media, that his performance was considered "good" because he tackled Shockey after nearly every catch.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Quinten Demps, saftey from UTEP. The guy is good in coverage, has speed (does kick/punt returns), big hitter and has a knack for making big plays (ask Kevin Kolb). I think he'd be a great addition to the Cowboys lineup.

I saw the same potential in Thomas Howard (LB for Oakland). We drafted Carp and Howard went in the 2nd around (38th overall). He's been one of their leading tacklers (4ints this year, 2 for TDs) and has started 24 of his 25 career games.

I must admit that I am biased though... I'm a UTEP alum :)

Hoofbite

Reaction score
94WARE94;1765068 said:

Come on man, its not like Shockey is piss poor. Hes got talent and given a 12 yard cushion, he can get things done. Roy played it how it was called and obviously the coaching staff was happy with it because they continued to leave him out there. Roy and the rest of the corners can only play the position as its being called. Its furiating to see the huge cushions but at the end of the day, the results are there to justify it.

Saying to ditch roy just creates a hole. Hes not half as bad as some would have people believe and hes not as good as some would have people believe. Hes playing within the system and thats all you can ask of him.

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
We have several players that will need new contracts after the season.

I don't see how we will be able to keep them all.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
eduncan22;1765394 said:
We have several players that will need new contracts after the season.

I don't see how we will be able to keep them all.

who do you see as needing a contract that will eat up a ton of space? Who walks?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
texastwister;1765004 said:

Jerry Git er done!

I doubt we will see any more contracts done until the season is over. Clearly Jerry felt the QB position was one he was not willing to take a chance with but other than Romo I don't see Jerry doing any more extensions until after the season.