Do we resign Hamlin now or later

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
I think Hamlin has earned an extension and Jerry will give it to him, I think Flozell will be franchised and JJ and Crayton will walk.

IndianaCowboyFan

The Bullet
Reaction score
Waiting til end of the season to resign anybody else would be best. With Dallas's record they might find that a lot of free agents might want to play for Dallas for the opportunity to go to the SB and maybe win.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
If the contracts of Hamlin and R. Williams were up and you could only keep one. Who would you let walk? To me Hamlin stays.

Reaction score
I think they had to sign Romo to save several million on the cap. The rest of our FAs can wait until after the season is over. However, I believe Ken Hamlin to be a high priority signage. He is the best FS we've had in years.

Once we draft Kenny Phillips from Miami, we will have one of the best SSs to come along in years. Unlike Roy Williams, Prima-donna extrordinaire, the rookie will be ripe for listening & learning from a veteran like Hamlin.

Then, we will have a SS who can both stuff the run, AND cover TEs & slot WRs!! The kid is thought to be better than Ed Reed and/or Sean Taylor. If we can trade Williams for a high pick, we might be able to draft Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio St. also. Man, wouldn't that be a monster secondary??!!

aikemirv

Reaction score
Cogan;1765968 said:
I think they had to sign Romo to save several million on the cap. The rest of our FAs can wait until after the season is over. However, I believe Ken Hamlin to be a high priority signage. He is the best FS we've had in years.

Once we draft Kenny Phillips from Miami, we will have one of the best SSs to come along in years. Unlike Roy Williams, Prima-donna extrordinaire, the rookie will be ripe for listening & learning from a veteran like Hamlin.

Then, we will have a SS who can both stuff the run, AND cover TEs & slot WRs!! The kid is thought to be better than Ed Reed and/or Sean Taylor. If we can trade Williams for a high pick, we might be able to draft Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio St. also. Man, wouldn't that be a monster secondary??!!

Overated but we can trade him for a high pick - makes a lot of sense t:rolleyes: o me!

Eddie

Reaction score
Thehoofbite;1765397 said:
who do you see as needing a contract that will eat up a ton of space? Who walks?

Flo is going to want BIGG money. I don't think we can spare another $10 mil a year, AND be able to sign our UFA's.

Based on performance, we can't let Flo go. But based on age and salary, we may not be able to afford him. Heck, his current salary of $5 mil a year seems like peanuts right now.

Unfortunately, players can't play forever and we need to learn to say when. Maybe it's time to work in the young guns.