Do we scrap the 3-4...........

dallasfan

Reaction score
if either DeMarcus Ware or Jason Ferguson get hurt? I think every other player is replaceable, but theese two. I don't think, or actually I know if Parcells thought LaRoi Glover wasn't effective playing 90% of the snaps at DT he also won't be effective playing 90% of the snaps at NT. And without Ware, we have no potentially dominant pass-rusher.

Jubei

Reaction score
No, because we have other big bodied linemen to share snaps with LaRoi Glover, who would play extra, if Jason Ferguson went down. They wont be as good as him but they could do it. As for Ware going down, not a problem either. The 3-4 allows for pressure to be brought from so many different places that losing him wouldnt make us revert back to the 4-3. If they both went down ... nope. We would still try and keep doing the 3-4. Parcells wants pressure and turn overs, something which he sees from the 3-4.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Why do we continue to get misleading titles when it comes to NEW threads? I mean this isn't as bad as some of Badattitudes crap, but it is definitely borderline.

And no we do not scrap the 3-4. Have you even looked at the depth we have on defense? IMHO, this is the most depth we have had since the Jimmy era. :cool:

jman

Reaction score
dallasfan said:
if either DeMarcus Ware or Jason Ferguson get hurt? I think every other player is replaceable, but theese two. I don't think, or actually I know if Parcells thought LaRoi Glover wasn't effective playing 90% of the snaps at DT he also won't be effective playing 90% of the snaps at NT. And without Ware, we have no potentially dominant pass-rusher.

Yep, and when the Mercedes gets a flat, we're gonna take it to the scrap yard and have it crushed and shredded.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
OK - Lets prepare all offseason for it. Lets bring in 3-4 players.

And then scrap it in a "oh well we tried" defeatest whimper.

Nope - thats not Parcells style.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Nors said:

Your right it is not his style but Parcells jumped the media on day 1 when they started up with the 3-4 talk saying he does not know just yet what we are going to do and for them to not read much into this.

Badattitude

Benched
Reaction score
Fletch said:
Why do we continue to get misleading titles when it comes to NEW threads? I mean this isn't as bad as some of Badattitudes crap, but it is definitely borderline.

And no we do not scrap the 3-4. Have you even looked at the depth we have on defense? IMHO, this is the most depth we have had since the Jimmy era. :cool:
Take a Kleenex and wipe your tears already...."Oh Badattitude this ....Shaddap already....

Mike 1967

Reaction score
dallasfan said:

IMO Ferguson would a bigger casualty than Ware at this point.

If Ferguson went down then we might have to scrap the 3-4. No way Glover can hold up as a full time starter in the 3-4. He had a hard enough time holding up as a full time starter in the 4-3. And the 3-4 would be much more demanding. Glovers gift is quickness....not brute strength.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Nors said:

He said himself he's scrapped defenses in the middle of camp before.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Just remember, we are playing the 3-4, and accordig to parcells the nickel about 50% of the time. Dont forget, we stil will use the 4-3 as well, so I wouldnt ocunt on the true 3-4 out there for more than 30-40% of the time. If that.