Do we start resting players?

Jkyle

Reaction score
If we secure the 5th Seed spot, I think they need to start resting or dialing back playing time for certain players. Anyone who's obviously dealing with performance depleting injuries needs to be rested.
Player like Micah are clearly fighting through injuries and resting may hurt his pride but he needs the time to heal as much as possible to be ready for the playoffs. I'm sure there are others that qualify. This would be a good time to get young players like the newly acquired corners, Jabril Cox, etc. to get more reps and experience.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Cruise into the playoffs like an absolute boss. Get er done Jerruh.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If guys are playing through an injury then give them a break. Otherwise, this team needs to figure some things out on the field.

Resting at the current level of play doesn't seem like a great idea to me.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, keep playing until the game means nothing other than just winning.

If the Washington game means nothing then rest players. Unless it means knocking them out of the playoffs for pride.

I know many say, do not rest them, as being flat and all of that. However, rather be a little flat for the first few series, than having tired and unhealthy players for the entire game.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Every year we start resting players for the playoffs ....... And every year these same soft *** players lay an egg in the first round .......

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Only way to clean up mistakes is to play the game. I fully expect to see starters play at least over the next 2 games.

Word Mofo

Reaction score
I would consider resting Micah at some point. He clearly looks beat up. I might consider rotating WRs just to get Hilton and Washington some reps.

Cydios

Reaction score
What if the Cowboys tell Dak, every time you throw an interception, we are going to take out an offensive linemen? :D :D
HAHA! What if he hits the targets hands? What's the repercussions for that?

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
who cares when this team falters with and without rest anyways? They lose coming off a bye week. They lose coming off of close call momentum games. This team is done for either way so they can do whatever they want at this point.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think you just start relieving people in the 3rd and 4th quarters

phildadon86

Reaction score
who cares when this team falters with and without rest anyways? They lose coming off a bye week. They lose coming off of close call momentum games. This team is done for either way so they can do whatever they want at this point.
About time you tuck tail and run and cheer for another team isnt it?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If we secure the 5th Seed spot, I think they need to start resting or dialing back playing time for certain players. Anyone who's obviously dealing with performance depleting injuries needs to be rested.
Player like Micah are clearly fighting through injuries and resting may hurt his pride but he needs the time to heal as much as possible to be ready for the playoffs. I'm sure there are others that qualify. This would be a good time to get young players like the newly acquired corners, Jabril Cox, etc. to get more reps and experience.
some, not all. Parsons need to rest. he is dinged up. he looks slower. he needs his legs and body refreshed. keep him out a couple of games. keep LVE on the bench too. let him heal. doesn't matter if we lose all three, we need healthy players for post season

32BellyOption

Reaction score

Absolutely no to resting players. At least not this week or the following week Much work yet to be done and some level of consistency needs to be reached before post season.