Do you draft a RB?

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Been watching some RB tape today, it beats working for a living. Here are my evals.

Zach Charbonnet is a freaking rock star. Just an awesome football player. Patient to the LoS looking for holes, and he's almost kind of Zeke-ish in how he squeezes out positive yardage. Then when he finds something, or the hole is blown wide open, he can floor it. Pinballs off tacklers. Has awesome feel as a receiver, runs Texas and option routes and knows when his QB will be looking for him. I didn't see him as a pass blocker, but he is a plus in literally everything else. He will have multiple 1000 yard seasons in the pros.

Devon Achane's calling card is track speed, but he's not just a track guy. He's shockingly tough on inside runs. At 180 lbs there's obviously a limit to his power, but Jimbo fed his sprinter a bunch of dive runs b/c Jimbo and Achane held up well. And when he gets outside, you hold your breath. I don't know how well he fits in Dallas, but he will be catnip to wide-zone rushing teams.

Tank Bigsby looks like your classic inside zone runner, one cut and go. Excellent lateral agility, decisive to the hole, but kind of a one-speed guy. He's a good football player, but I'm not sure if he has the next gear to be a great player. I'm eager to see his Combine and find out if he has that extra juice, because I like the rest of his game.

Zach Evans seems straight-linish, but has an instant gas pedal and good speed. Soft hands too. There's some DeMarco Murray to his game. I would at least take him to be the inside banger in a committee.

Didn't care for Sean Tucker. Very, very straight-lineish player. The run is basically auto-stuffed if he has to move laterally out of his intended gap. Non-factor as a receiver. He has great burst when he heads north-south and gets a runway, but Tucker is pretty much a one trick pony. IMO, he is a 3rd RB gunner or kick returner in the pros.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Been watching some RB tape today, it beats working for a living. Here are my evals.

Zach Charbonnet is a freaking rock star. Just an awesome football player. Patient to the LoS looking for holes, and he's almost kind of Zeke-ish in how he squeezes out positive yardage. Then when he finds something, or the hole is blown wide open, he can floor it. Pinballs off tacklers. Has awesome feel as a receiver, runs Texas and option routes and knows when his QB will be looking for him. I didn't see him as a pass blocker, but he is a plus in literally everything else. He will have multiple 1000 yard seasons in the pros.

Devon Achane's calling card is track speed, but he's not just a track guy. He's shockingly tough on inside runs. At 180 lbs there's obviously a limit to his power, but Jimbo fed his sprinter a bunch of dive runs b/c Jimbo and Achane held up well. And when he gets outside, you hold your breath. I don't know how well he fits in Dallas, but he will be catnip to wide-zone rushing teams.

Tank Bigsby looks like your classic inside zone runner, one cut and go. Excellent lateral agility, decisive to the hole, but kind of a one-speed guy. He's a good football player, but I'm not sure if he has the next gear to be a great player. I'm eager to see his Combine and find out if he has that extra juice, because I like the rest of his game.

Zach Evans seems straight-linish, but has an instant gas pedal and good speed. Soft hands too. There's some DeMarco Murray to his game. I would at least take him to be the inside banger in a committee.

Didn't care for Sean Tucker. Very, very straight-lineish player. The run is basically auto-stuffed if he has to move laterally out of his intended gap. Non-factor as a receiver. He has great burst when he heads north-south and gets a runway, but Tucker is pretty much a one trick pony. IMO, he is a 3rd RB gunner or kick returner in the pros.
Good stuff, plenty of great options post round 1.

Anxious to hear your thoughts on Kenny McIntosh? After watching I didn’t see much difference from Gibbs…and he could likely be had 50+ picks later.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
A guy rising up my personal favorite board as far as talent and fit is Dewayne McBride. Give him a look.