Do you guys think we could still be contenders if...

Frozen700

Reaction score
Do u guys think we could be dangerous with....Crayton, Hurd, and Miles as our top 3 recievers?? and with witten still here??

i wonder if teams would respect us like they do now.....

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Terence Newman700;1303457 said:
Do u guys think we could be dangerous with....Crayton, Hurd, and Miles as our top 3 recievers?? and with witten still here??

My initial reaction is no No NO.

There is one caveat...depending on the HC/OC.

Seems as if New Orleans and Sean did pretty well with a WR corps that consisted of a late rounder and an oft injured WR in horn. Of course they had a pretty good pass catching RB.

So...It is not impossible but highly unlikely IMO.

I think Crayon may be a #2 at best.

I have not seen enough of the other two guys to know if they could be a number 2 let alone a number one WR.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Austin is pretty fast tho....and big.....

and hurd is like a Keyshawn only faster :)

DipChit

Reaction score
Maybe we could start Kincade at RB too... then we'd have a 7th and 2 undrafted guys as our top 3 receivers, Kincade as an undrafted RB, Hoyte as an undrafted FB, and Romo as an undrafted QB.

That'd be kinda wild huh.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Terence Newman700;1303473 said:
Austin is pretty fast tho....and big.....

and hurd is like a Keyshawn only faster :)

I would feel a little better with a guy like TO still on the roster. We still don't know if these guys re gonna be any good.

I remember after Irvin went down and we were trotting out the likes of Billy Davis, Ernie Mills Wane McGarity, etc........

Frozen700

Reaction score
DipChit;1303477 said:
Maybe we could start Kincade at RB too... then we'd have a 7th and 2 undrafted guys as our top 3 receivers, Kincade as an undrafted RB, Hoyte as an undrafted FB, and Romo as an undrafted QB.

That'd be kinda wild huh.

lmao..im just saying..what if Glenn says screw this n retires..n parcellls says screw TO....do u think those 3 could do something?

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Terence Newman700;1303482 said:
lmao..im just saying..what if Glenn says screw this n retires..n parcellls says screw TO....do u think those 3 could do something?
If that happens we HAVE to acquire another receiver no ifs and or buts about it.

DipChit

Reaction score
Might work though.. cause then our payroll on offense would be like 175 bucks.

That way we could go get the best defensive player at every position in the league with all the money we saved.

We'd win every game 3-0.

yentl911

Reaction score
NO had some unknown guys step up big for them this year. Copper being one of them - he was in the same boat as Austin and Hurd are now here in D. I think both of them have the potential to be decent.

What round draft pick was Colston Weatherington (SP?)? 7th?

It would be a huge risk though to trot those three guys (Crayton, Hurd, Austin) out there week after week as the team's starting WR's.....

Chuck 54

Reaction score
are you insane?

Mail in the season....there's not a #1 receiver among them....Hurd has an outside shot of someday being a #2....Crayton is what he is and we shouldn't expect more....Austin....who the heck knows.

If we lost both Glenn and T.O. without replacing them both, we'd be one sorry pathetic offense, imo.

Jay

Reaction score
If those are our top 3 WR's, we should mail it in for the season.

There's really no comparison, come on.

dools

Reaction score
NO!That would be a stupid idea. It usually takes a least two full years for a reciever to learn the position. If that happened we would need to sign a good FA receiver.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score

.... No .....

sbark

Reaction score
I think what really help N.O. cast of WR's is the RB tandem, but especially Bush..........

It keeps the LB's honest, they just cannot drop to deep and yet contain Bush, that in turn opens up the feild alot more for the WR's and TE's to play chess games............

I would love to see the Boys' add a "poor mans" RB even in the same hemisphere as Bush to mix in the flow of the game..........our RB's are the last thought of opposing Defenders.........basically lets the LB's help deny TO and TG, and crowd witten

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
sbark;1303921 said:
I think what really help N.O. cast of WR's is the RB tandem, but especially Bush..........

It keeps the LB's honest, they just cannot drop to deep and yet contain Bush, that in turn opens up the feild alot more for the WR's and TE's to play chess games............

I would love to see the Boys' add a "poor mans" RB even in the same hemisphere as Bush to mix in the flow of the game..........our RB's are the last thought of opposing Defenders.........basically lets the LB's help deny TO and TG, and crowd witten

That kid out of Florida State might be an option. Smaller than Bush, but has great speed and nice set of hands.

ghst187

Reaction score

only if Sean Payton was our head coach! :banghead:

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Hey looks like how the WR list for Seahawks; Eagles and Chargers read