Do You Like Hot/Spicy Foods?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I'm kind of hit or miss. I think a little heat is good but I don't do excessive heat.

I watch a couple of YouTube channels of people eating the worlds hottest peppers and it's crazy how they can tolerate it.

https://www.youtube.com/@ChaseTheHeat

That guy will cut the top off a pepper pod, fill it to the brim with capsaicin tincture and then just throw the whole thing in his mouth. He also invented the Tube of Terror which is pretty much what killed my desire to have too much heat. It's a tube of peanuts that are coated in capsaicin crystals and 7 or so different pepper powders. It's supposed to be 13 million Scoville. I had one peanut and 2 hours later it felt like my insides were on fire. It was so bad I became nauseous and barely made it to the bathroom to throw up.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like it. It doesn't like me.

image.gif

HungryLion

Reaction score
I enjoy hot and spicy food. But it gives me pretty bad acid reflux anymore. So I try to limit it.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I love spicey....but not crazy like people like this.

Here's what he calls a "gusher". One of the hottest peppers filled with reaper tincture and he just crushes it. He's claimed on a number of videos the pepper he is using is hands down the hottest pepper on the planet. He says it is officially recognized as it, but he's claims it most certainly is.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I like hot, but not so hot you can't taste it. I don't see how it's even possible to get to 13 million Scoville, or how it would be possible to eat that without doing permanent damage.

About the hottest I really enjoy is jalapenos on pizza. Anything beyond that is just hot for the sake of being hot.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here's what he calls a "gusher". One of the hottest peppers filled with reaper tincture and he just crushes it. He's claimed on a number of videos the pepper he is using is hands down the hottest pepper on the planet. He says it is officially recognized as it, but he's claims it most certainly is.

Wanna bet what that guy's favorite band is? The Butthole Surfers.

Creeper

Reaction score
I enjoy it.

There is a level heat though that doesn’t make any sense because it takes away from the taste of the food.

This is exactly how I feel. I like a little heat sometimes but it has to enhance the flavors of the food. Adding heat for the sake of testing the limits of human consumption is not on my list of favorites.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I enjoy it.

There is a level heat though that doesn’t make any sense because it takes away from the taste of the food.

Agree. For instance. Buffalo wings. I like some heat on my wings. But I also enjoy the taste of the Buffalo sauce itself. Some places make wings so hot you can’t even enjoy the flavor of the wings themselves.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
I like hot, but not so hot you can't taste it. I don't see how it's even possible to get to 13 million Scoville, or how it would be possible to eat that without doing permanent damage.

About the hottest I really enjoy is jalapenos on pizza. Anything beyond that is just hot for the sake of being hot.
I agree. Love jalapenos on a spicy sausage pizza. I'd sprinkle on some crushed red peppers too.

Spicy food shouldn't be an endurance test. It should enhance the flavor, not make you nauseous.

When it comes to fast food sandwiches, if it comes in a spicy option, then I'll get that spicy option.

For example when I grab a chicken sandwich from Popeyes, I will get the spicy chicken sandwich.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
This is exactly how I feel. I like a little heat sometimes but it has to enhance the flavors of the food. Adding heat for the sake of testing the limits of human consumption is not on my list of favorites.
:hammer:

I keep thinking age and the stomach will catch up with my spicy fetish but so far, so good. Tabasco, Wasabi, Peppers, there isn't much I don't like to add. Cajun, Japanese, Thai, Hot Wings, Tex-Mex, certain Chinese-American.... love the foods that do it right!

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
QUOTE="VaqueroTD, post: 12386918, member: 41148"]:hammer:

I keep thinking age and the stomach will catch up with my spicy fetish but so far, so good. Tabasco, Wasabi, Peppers, there isn't much I don't like to add. Cajun, Japanese, Thai, Hot Wings, Tex-Mex, certain Chinese-American.... love the foods that do it right![/QUOTE]
Try some African food but be careful it can be really hot but it is great if you can find a good restaurant

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Gave a guy at work a Habanero set him on fire he went to the boys room to take a leak but forgot to wash his hands double whammy

Yeah, I learned that a long, long time ago. When I was about 6 years old my older brother asked me to show him how clean my teeth were and when I opened my mouth he stuck a little red pepper about the size of a marble in my mouth and crushed it! I don't remember, but I think I cried until I was about 7 years old!