Do you really believe in the Cowboys anymore?

leeblair

Reaction score
Be completely honest; do you really care about the Cowboys like you once did?
I know I loved the Cowboys passionately for 50 years, but I no longer care what happens.
Jerry's insistence on shoving Jason Garrett down our throats for 13 years and now Dak for the past 7 years has shown me that the Cowboys no longer are the franchise we once loved.
Be honest. Do you still believe this is the franchise you grew up loving?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I’m for chaos.

If we’re not for sure winning the Super Bowl then I want them to go 0-17.

Either give me everything or nothing at all.

I’ll be entertained either way.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
No. But I do have hope. It’s pretty clear it’ll take great talent to overcome Jerry’s undermining of the head coach.

Parsons is a great talent. Diggs too if healthy again. Need a few more.

leeblair

Reaction score
No. But I do have hope. It’s pretty clear it’ll take great talent to overcome Jerry’s undermining of the head coach.

Parsons is a great talent. Diggs too if healthy again. Need a few more.
I knew when Garrett was finally gone but Prescott stayed nothing would change.
I've said it since 2018; Dak is Garrett 2.0.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I know I loved the Cowboys passionately for 50 years, but I no longer care what happens.
Jerry's insistence on shoving Jason Garrett down our throats for 13 years and now Dak for the past 7 years has shown me that the Cowboys no longer are the franchise we once loved.
No. We are on the same page. I’ve been a vocal and passionate fan since 75. Have watched incredible highs and lows but the Garrett years drained my juice. It got to the point I just wanted him to fail to leave. After he was let go I got a new lease on life with them but the changes didn’t fix the team. You can say it’s Dak or Jerry or Stephen but they continue to drain the battery. Honestly I think part of it is I used to believe that we’d swing for the fences when we needed to. Whether it worked or not I liked that Wildcatter side of Jerry. Now we are a really good regular season team that doesn’t have heart. One of my favorite year was 1989 because despite the losing I saw hope and the guys playing hard every game. I wonder if a reset year would help everyone. I mean they are still my team but the live or die Sundays are long gone. It’s one reason I’ve rarely been here lately. Just hard to debate the same issues knowing not much has changed

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Absolutely not. At some point you have be an adult & be honest with yourself.

It's like an old friend that has wandered down a path of self destruction. Until they care enough to make the hard changes, they are in your thoughts but you have to keep your distance.

If they ever turn the corner, it'll be nice to have the old friend back.

FoxF

Reaction score
My passion for the NFL and Cowboys have diminished over the years but not due to the Cowboys lack of playoff success. But for many reasons, basically, the quality of the NFL product is in decline over the years.

It it wasn’t for fantasy football, I wonder if as many would be into the NFL still.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
My passion for the NFL and Cowboys have diminished over the years but not due to the Cowboys lack of playoff success. But for many reasons, basically, the quality of the NFL product is in decline over the years.

It it wasn’t for fantasy football, I wonder if as many would be into the NFL still.
I didn't participate in FF last year & doubt I will this year. Got to be honest, it was nice not to worry about getting a lineup set. Probably won't play this year either. Will likely go back as I do enjoy it, but was just burnt out.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Nope not even close.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I do but I certainly am not buying the plan for 2025. I don't see how anyone can realistically look at how last season ended and think just running it back with a new draft and coaches on expiring contracts gives this team a better chance to win.

What keeps me engaged is seeing how the Cowboys position themselves for the future. They have an opportunity to get right with the salary cap, they have an opportunity to overhaul several positions after this year plus the entire coaching staff. They have a good combo of young players with high ceilings, as well as top talent guys with controllable years still. My big complaint with the Cowboys is that they dont seem to have a direction they are actually building towards right now. The moves they make over the next few months will be very telling.

starfan1

Reaction score
Not a matter of believing its a matter of cheering and hoping and taking the journey with them. It starts again soon. As long as Jerry is running things my expectations are tempered but its not going to affect my fandom any.we arent promised anything and last I seen each year 31 teams dont hoist the lombardi.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Absolutely not. At some point you have be an adult & be honest with yourself.

It's like an old friend that has wandered down a path of self destruction. Until they care enough to make the hard changes, they are in your thoughts but you have to keep your distance.

If they ever turn the corner, it'll be nice to have the old friend back.
This is why fans like myself root for rock bottom.

Sometimes nothing will change until you hit rock bottom.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First-Office_1960.jpg

I 'believe' in the franchise that began with Tex Schramm, Bedford Wynne, Clint Murchison and Tom Landry above. People are born, live and die. Ideas can last for as long as people believe in them.

Both Jerry Jones and what he has overseen post-Jimmy Johnson are part of the franchise's legacy. Individual teams have not seriously competed for championships after his consolidation of self-appointed power and Johnson's influence had evaporated. There would be zero reason to follow these teams he constructed during his power trip if ultimate success was the sole reason.

So, I do not personally believe in Jones. Never have. Never will. It is the franchise that I fell in love with before he bought the team. It will be the franchise I will believe in until my time ends.

Perhaps the law of averages will allow Jones to luck into a true postseason contender despite him. I do not know and will not hold my breath waiting for fate to supersede his unqualified managerial vision.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Nope. I stopped believing about 4 years ago. Likely won't reinvest time until Jerry is dead and see what direction the rest of his family want to go.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
No, not in the least. For the record, though, Garrett was a far worse mistake than Dak. He should have never been hired as an NFL coach.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Nah, but it wasn’t until recently that it broke me. I always hoped for the blind squirrel situation.

1. Failure to recognize that the open window was within the past three seasons and deciding to save a few cap dollars instead of doing what was needed to be done to get over the top. Still have cap problems.

2. Being good isn’t good enough to make a deep playoff run. You need luck also. Things couldn’t have possibly worked out better last season injury wise and Philly collapsing. They were handed the two seed and proceeded to make history yet again. This team has some sort of curse over it and everyone can take their own guess on that one.

3. They have shown no willingness to even consider change, even saying that three (3)…THREE…difficult playoff wins shy of a title is “close,” or to be blamed on “the ball not bouncing right.” Pure delusion…..and that’s the future in Dallas.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
No it’s a habit. But if they win the Super Bowl I think I’d be right back in die hard mode.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
They are still my team, but I am nowhere near the rabid fan I was just a few years ago. I think 2024 may have been the first draft I didn't watch in decades. Sold my PSLs after 2022 and will still watch them, just not in person.

Their ceiling is an immovable object that looks to remain solidly in place as long as the current hierarchy remains in charge.