Do you really believe in the Cowboys anymore?

pitt33

Reaction score
Fan since ‘71…

My interest has waned substantially.

I am checked out until they invest in a high 1st round quarterback. No one knows when that will happen but it’s pretty much guaranteed this team won’t win jack squat until they hit on one.

All these glorified regular season stats and records mean absolutely nothing in January these last 30 years.

And it starts with the most important position in all of professional sports.

Forneymike

Reaction score
Be completely honest; do you really care about the Cowboys like you once did?
I know I loved the Cowboys passionately for 50 years, but I no longer care what happens.
Jerry's insistence on shoving Jason Garrett down our throats for 13 years and now Dak for the past 7 years has shown me that the Cowboys no longer are the franchise we once loved.
Be honest. Do you still believe this is the franchise you grew up loving?
Yet you are on here every day complaining and hating on the team and the front office. Go do something else then if you don't care anymore. The Cowboys are an escape for me and I don't build my life and happiness around them. Find something else to do. We know you hate Dak and Jerry and Stephen. Your 100's of posts on that are bringing no new information just listening to some dude complain about something he has no control over. If you leave, I'm sure the team will fold since your opinion of them is so valuable. Dak and Jason are probably not sleeping at night knowing you can't stand them. What Jason was as a coach and Dak is as a QB, you are becoming as a poster. Live your life, enjoy your family, I have my reasons to follow and love the team. I know it's awful that someone actually likes this team on this board but I will take the persecution

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
No, not in the least. For the record, though, Garrett was a far worse mistake than Dak. He should have never been hired as an NFL coach.
Parcells left us with a SB contender and Jerry ruined it by hiring a mediocre HC and a HC in training who undermined him. That's when I realized that Jerry didn't care about winning SBs. It's been all down hill from there.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They are still my team, but I am nowhere near the rabid fan I was just a few years ago. I think 2024 may have been the first draft I didn't watch in decades. Sold my PSLs after 2022 and will still watch them, just not in person.

Their ceiling is an immovable object that looks to remain solidly in place as long as the current hierarchy remains in charge.
The 2024 draft was the 1st time in years for me as well. I watched it, but I went to a bar to meet some friends and kept an eye on it there.
The bartender however, turned up the TV loud enough for us to hear the Dallas selections, both Thursday and Friday nights.
There was music playing, so she turned the TV for us.

Saturday I had the draft on, but was doing other things, so did not pay 100% attention.

FoxF

Reaction score
I didn't participate in FF last year & doubt I will this year. Got to be honest, it was nice not to worry about getting a lineup set. Probably won't play this year either. Will likely go back as I do enjoy it, but was just burnt out.
Sorry to hear, it’s one of my few hobbies left these days And helps keep me interested in Sunday NFL games.

leeblair

Reaction score
Parcells left us with a SB contender and Jerry ruined it by hiring a mediocre HC and a HC in training who undermined him. That's when I realized that Jerry didn't care about winning SBs. It's been all down hill from there.
We see this exactly the same.

leeblair

Reaction score
Yet you are on here every day complaining and hating on the team and the front office. Go do something else then if you don't care anymore. The Cowboys are an escape for me and I don't build my life and happiness around them. Find something else to do. We know you hate Dak and Jerry and Stephen. Your 100's of posts on that are bringing no new information just listening to some dude complain about something he has no control over. If you leave, I'm sure the team will fold since your opinion of them is so valuable. Dak and Jason are probably not sleeping at night knowing you can't stand them. What Jason was as a coach and Dak is as a QB, you are becoming as a poster. Live your life, enjoy your family, I have my reasons to follow and love the team. I know it's awful that someone actually likes this team on this board but I will take the persecution
As I have said MANY TIMES, we who despise what has become of the franchise we loved are the truest fans;
We know what this franchise once was, and we hate what it has become.
You call us haters, but we actually care what has happened and destroyed the franchise.
Some here are fans of one player, and they couldn't care less about the rest of the team as long as he gets paid.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Absolutely not. At some point you have be an adult & be honest with yourself.

It's like an old friend that has wandered down a path of self destruction. Until they care enough to make the hard changes, they are in your thoughts but you have to keep your distance.

If they ever turn the corner, it'll be nice to have the old friend back.
This is perfectly said

You can't fix someone that doesn't want to be fixed

Jerry thinks things are great and isn't inclined to change a thing. Why should we invest and care about his product?

BoysForLife

Reaction score
As I have said MANY TIMES, we who despise what has become of the franchise we loved are the truest fans;
We know what this franchise once was, and we hate what it has become.
You call us haters, but we actually care what has happened and destroyed the franchise.
Some here are fans of one player, and they couldn't care less about the rest of the team as long as he gets paid.
Well said.

At what point did the definition of a true fan become someone who exults in mediocre "relevant" status and never expects more?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I know I loved the Cowboys passionately for 50 years, but I no longer care what happens.
Jerry's insistence on shoving Jason Garrett down our throats for 13 years and now Dak for the past 7 years has shown me that the Cowboys no longer are the franchise we once loved.
Be honest. Do you still believe this is the franchise you grew up loving?
You live in the Overtime Zone for a reason.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes for many reasons. I completely get why anyone would answer no.

Now with that being said, how many fan bases feel the same about the teams like they once did?

I'd bet there are quite a few. More than what you might think.

Hardline

Reaction score
I now watch the Cowboys the same way I slow down to look at a car crash.
I am a realist and the cold hard facts is there isn't a snowballs chance in Hades this front office can put together a Super Bowl championship team and most likely never will until a Jones no longer owns the team.
I am encouraged to see most Cowboys fans are starting to wake up to what I've known for over 10 years.
I know this team better than they know themselves.
My love of sports has been replaced with far more serious things in this world anyway.
Anyone who watched TV last night better feel the same.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I now watch the Cowboys the same way I slow down to look at a car crash.
I am a realist and the cold hard facts is there isn't a snowballs chance in Hades this front office can put together a Super Bowl championship team and most likely never will until a Jones no longer owns the team.
I am encouraged to see most Cowboys fans are starting to wake up to what I've known for over 10 years.
I know this team better than they know themselves.
My love of sports has been replaced with far more serious things in this world anyway.
Anyone who watched TV last night better feel the same.
"10-4 good buddy" on all of that. Same here.