Do you see Collins being traded this offseason?

Will the Cowboys trade Collins in the offseason

• Total voters

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Im going with yes. Two reasons:

Collins reportedly wanted to play OT, not OG.

There is a major need for OT's across the NFL, so Collins would be a quality trade asset.

I do think he could be talked in to playing OG. If thats the case, then we probably wont trade. However Im betting on him wanting to play OT

It's going to depend on a number of factors. Yes Collins probably wants to play tackle...may not matter as much now that he got paid. Tackles typically make more than guards and considering he was a first round talent that was paid like an UDFA for his first few years, yea, I'd want to maximize that second contract as well.

If that's the case, he's under, paid well and probably won't cause a fuss.

And this could all be moot...he could very well start back at RT in a week or two depending how Steele handles the pressure of starting *over* Collins.

But if Collins comes in and starts at LG and brings stability to the o-line, I would keep him

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

There is a major need for OT's across the NFL, so Collins would be a quality trade asset.

I do think he could be talked in to playing OG. If thats the case, then we probably wont trade. However Im betting on him wanting to play OT
So you're assuming he won't become the RT again at some point and that Steele will be the ongoing starter? I think that's far from certain

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If a team offered a first round I think Dallas would trade him.

Anything short of that I don’t see it happening.

He is a high end asset. If he gets traded before the trade deadline it will be for something good. Dallas won’t just give him away.

blueblood70

Reaction score
all this draft talk on Tackles last off season now you want to get rid of an asset at tackle>?

fans fickle fans
the bye week sure has bored minds wandering..

we didnt need to draft an OT highs and didn't and will not have to even this offseason because we have an OL plus depth..far much invested already and we need DT, DE, and other position high in the draft that come first..
id lie to see them further add young hungry defender to builds a formidable defense as our O ages bit..

have you all saw the FA and RFA on this team coming up for big decision's in 2022?

you dont move locked up younger OT and leave another hole to fill.

Rayman70

Reaction score
no. If we trade anyone it will be Connor Williams because he is in the final year of his rookie deal and will hit the free agent market in 2022. We won't be willing to overpay for a guy like him when we have so many others 2 sign and frankly, we have options at LG that may be actually an upgrade. A trade here makes great business sense. Plug McGovern or Collins in at LG and call it a day at that point. The closer we get 2 the trade deadline keep your eyes open for that trade. It just makes sense.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I think Collins injury and suspension history negatively affects his trade value.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Short term, definitely. If he plays out the rest of the year and performs as well as he has in the past, that will fade away.

I’m not so sure about that. How exactly would major hip surgery ‘fade away’? Or the league having him under scrutiny for additional suspension for missing tests? How does that ‘fade away’?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not so sure about that. How exactly would major hip surgery ‘fade away’? Or the league having him under scrutiny for additional suspension for missing tests? How does that ‘fade away’?
It would fade away if he shows no effects from the hips surgery. Note that was a component of my comment - that he performs as well as in the past. As for the missing tests, sure that would be a bit in the mind of a potential trade partner, but quality OT's are in high demand, and a team would likely take a chance unless there was some league action that was imminent.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It would fade away if he shows no effects from the hips surgery. Note that was a component of my comment - that he performs as well as in the past.

That would mean that he’s recovered from the surgery, not that it or the issue necessitating the surgery never happened.

As for the missing tests, sure that would be a bit in the mind of a potential trade partner, but quality OT's are in high demand, and a team would likely take a chance unless there was some league action that was imminent.

Im not saying they wouldn’t ‘take a chance’ but that’s far different than getting quality trade compensation. Teams don’t ‘take a chance’ with significant draft capital.

In summary, Collins has some warts.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Because they may view Steele as their guy at OT. I dont agree with that and think they should be starting Collins. But if he is their guy, its likely he wont be happy playing OG
I would not complain if he is left guard for the rest of the season. He was really good against Tampa. We would have the best run blocking offensive line with Collins at guard. No more getting stuffed at the goal line and on 4th and 1.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That would mean that he’s recovered from the surgery, not that it or the issue necessitating the surgery never happened.

Im not saying they wouldn’t ‘take a chance’ but that’s far different than getting quality trade compensation. Teams don’t ‘take a chance’ with significant draft capital.

In summary, Collins has some warts.
Yes …. and if all signs are surgery fixed the problem they will be fine. Players having surgery is ordinary and just part of life in the NFL and as long as the problem is fixed without expectation of recurrence teams don't condemn a player for life.

When I said "take a chance" I meant quality compensation. Obviously teams would do their due diligence and be hesitant if they feel the chance of ongoing problems is high. I'm certainly not saying that wouldn't have an effect. But quality OTs are in short supply and high demand, and if the NFL isn't pursuing him at the end of the year, and they feel this is unlikely to be an ongoing problem a team would be willing to give up something of high value for him.

I'm not necessarily saying the Cowboys should trade him mind you, I'm just saying that if everything were to go through the remaining alomost 2/3 of the season like they went with Collins before his troubles, teams would be very interested.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes …. and if all signs are surgery fixed the problem they will be fine. Players having surgery is ordinary and just part of life in the NFL and as long as the problem is fixed without expectation of recurrence teams don't condemn a player for life.

Not “condemning “ but not pretending it didn’t happen. And other teams won’t either.

When I said "take a chance" I meant quality compensation. Obviously teams would do their due diligence and be hesitant if they feel the chance of ongoing problems is high. I'm certainly not saying that wouldn't have an effect. But quality OTs are in short supply and high demand, and if the NFL isn't pursuing him at the end of the year, and they feel this is unlikely to be an ongoing problem a team would be willing to give up something of high value for him.

I'm not necessarily saying the Cowboys should trade him mind you, I'm just saying that if everything were to go through the remaining alomost 2/3 of the season like they went with Collins before his troubles, teams would be very interested.

Ok. I just don’t think the Cowboys would get an offer that makes it worth trading him away.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not “condemning “ but not pretending it didn’t happen. And other teams won’t either.

Ok. I just don’t think the Cowboys would get an offer that makes it worth trading him away.
A team doesn't have to pretend an injury never happened to believe an injury is healed and unlikely to occur again, and that's what they care about.

As far as the Cowboys not getting an offer that would make it worth trading him, you may well be right. He can have great value for the Cowboys, and will be more of a proven quantity than a draft pick would be.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Wait a minute..all this trade LC talk could go out the window if Mr. Hunter destroys Steele. I'm not in a hurry to trade LC, and not in the business of letting good OTs go.

I voted No. I'm for hogging all the talent in the trenches, heck I'm looking for them to add another OG/C and OT this off-season.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A team doesn't have to pretend an injury never happened to believe an injury is healed and unlikely to occur again, and that's what they care about.

As far as the Cowboys not getting an offer that would make it worth trading him, you may well be right. He can have great value for the Cowboys, and will be more of a proven quantity than a draft pick would be.

That’s what I think. Collins would be of more value than whatever draft compensation they might get.