Do you think it's bizarre that neither Dak or Amari are under contract?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Bizarre is standard operating procedure for the Dallas Cowboys.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is the only QB I can remember that was universally accepted as the franchise QB, but still allowed to enter his lame duck year on his rookie contract anyway. That part is very bizarre, especially when the Joneses have repeatedly said since this time last year, “We need to get that contract done, Dak is first on the agenda, Dak’s deal is imminent....” and then nothing.

We made him an offer. He rejected it. Getting it done does not imply giving the player whatever he wants. Paying Dak top 5 money is generous b/c he's not top 5.

Praxit

Reaction score
..well, they both stunk up the joint late in the season. But Cooper started showing his real colours, ..why Oak got rid of him. I would be hesitant signing him to huge cash. Maybe Mike will let him walk and go for 2 consistent receivers for the price.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jerry and Stephen like to wait till there is a deadline

garyo1954

Reaction score
Dak should receive $1 million more per year than Goff and Wince got simply because Dak has put up better numbers than them.

Dak should receive several million less simply because he loses to winning teams more often than Goff or Wentz. He's 5-9 since 2017 against clubs with a winning percentage. He had a great game against Green Bay 463 yards passing! But there was that small problem of 3 picks. And uh....3 sacks.....and well you know....0 passing yards on 3rd down.

But there's always next year!

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/c...e-who-can-only-beat-up-on-nfl-bottom-feeders/

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What do you think is going on with contract negotiations with the starting Quarterback and best WR on this team?

I'll start with the obvious and say one of these players will be franchise tagged if a deal doesn't get done (there's a 98% chance they tag Dak over Cooper); however, I'm confused as to what's going on.

Are the Cowboys trying to wait for something to happen that I'm missing?

Are the agents and/or players 'holding out'?

Are the Cowboys willing to let one or both of these guys walk?

What do you think the new coaching staff wants to do? Obviously McCarthy has completely flipped the coaching staff, with the exception of Kellen Moore.

Who do you think is more important to the success of this team? I'm not completely sold that it's Dak, this offensive line is incredible when it comes to pass blocking and that has a lot to do with the success of a QB. According to reports - Amari was hurt (numerous lower body injuries) pretty much the whole season & still put up top tier numbers.

I like both of these guys as players and their character & I'd like to see what the new staff can do with them, but the fact that neither are under contract is just bizarre & a bit unsettling to me.
Teams can use both the Franchise and Transition Tags this season.

What would the Cowboys have gained by signing them already?

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
What do you think is going on with contract negotiations with the starting Quarterback and best WR on this team?

Both players have been offered contracts. So what do I think? It takes both sides willing to agree. So far both Dak's and Amari's camps have turned down contracts.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
There is nothing because Dak lost his friggin mind and spurned a reported $ 33million - ish offer to get more. Some reports said closer to $ 40 million. Thank God Jerry was sober that day.

Dak is the only QB I can remember that was universally accepted as the franchise QB, but still allowed to enter his lame duck year on his rookie contract anyway. That part is very bizarre, especially when the Joneses have repeatedly said since this time last year, “We need to get that contract done, Dak is first on the agenda, Dak’s deal is imminent....” and then nothing.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

I'll start with the obvious and say one of these players will be franchise tagged if a deal doesn't get done (there's a 98% chance they tag Dak over Cooper); however, I'm confused as to what's going on.

Are the Cowboys trying to wait for something to happen that I'm missing?

Are the agents and/or players 'holding out'?

Are the Cowboys willing to let one or both of these guys walk?

What do you think the new coaching staff wants to do? Obviously McCarthy has completely flipped the coaching staff, with the exception of Kellen Moore.

Who do you think is more important to the success of this team? I'm not completely sold that it's Dak, this offensive line is incredible when it comes to pass blocking and that has a lot to do with the success of a QB. According to reports - Amari was hurt (numerous lower body injuries) pretty much the whole season & still put up top tier numbers.

I like both of these guys as players and their character & I'd like to see what the new staff can do with them, but the fact that neither are under contract is just bizarre & a bit unsettling to me.

It's no stranger than the fact that there are 25 UFA this year. Public statements by McCarthy, Jerry and Stephen should have tipped you off on what their intentions are. First McCarthy has already said how he likes Prescott and is looking forward to what they will be able to get done. Second both Jerry and Stephen have said that signing Prescott to a long term deal is their top priority and Cooper is another priority. Now if push comes to shove since 2020 is the last year of the CBA this is the only year teams can use both franchise and transition tags. If things don't get done I would guess that Prescott gets the franchise tag and Cooper would get the transition tag.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
There is nothing because Dak lost his friggin mind and spurned a reported $ 33million - ish offer to get more. Some reports said closer to $ 40 million. Thank God Jerry was sober that day.

LLLOOOLLL, Dak's agent was hoping for the opposite.