Do you think our lame duck Coaches can hold the team together?

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
We discussed this all off season. Everyone knew the coaching staff was being set up for failure, and we saw it happen before under Jerry and his lame duck coaches.

There was also plenty of talk about Zimmer struggling and losing the defense after the popular DQ left and took many players with him. He has lost teams before and even Parcells once made a comment about it. I know I bought in too much with the training camp hype about Zimm.

Three games in, what would solve it?
  • Another Amari Cooper trade, but this time the defensive version to save the season?
  • Dismiss Zimm, replace him with Harris? I feel bad for the guy if he has to lose everything he has built up here because of Jerry’s lame duck season
  • There is no hope? Get ready for a tank season? Get ready for Belichick next year? The only figurehead big enough to out shadow Jerry Culture?
I think the team will beat the Giants next week but have no idea on the other games vs Lions, 49ers and other tough opponents. But if they did lose from another run game pounding, I think Coach Mac and especially Zimm will lose control quickly.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I think they likely win on Thurs night and 2-2 is good enough for JJ to sell we are “hanging around the rim” again.

The bigger test will be the next 3 games after that: Pitt, Det, and SF. 2-5 looks very likely as all those teams can pound the rock and play tough D

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not a chance, as the schedule gets tougher, the finger pointing will begin. not only with players, but between coaching staffs, Hasta la vista babies.

I'm convinced Jerry knows who he's bringing in and it should become obvious pretty soon.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
My question is WHY would anyone want to be the coach under Jerry?
Would YOU?
If Jerry wants to pay me 4 or 5 million a season to allow him to be the HC while my only responsibility is to stand around and look important, hell yes I would take the job. But I'm not an actual coach and wouldn't be concerned about the egotistical old fool pulling me around by the strings. I wouldn't care about my pride or dignity being drug through the mud either. Why? I'm not a coach and wouldn't have that coaching dignity or pride to be worried about.

MM on the other hand, he has a coaching background but doesn't seem to be concerned about Jerry crapping all over his pride and dignity. He's clearly only going through the motions for a pay check

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I think they can, but time is running out. A loss Thursday is pretty much a wrap on the season IMO. Winning can cure all and get us right back to the preseason good vibes, but for it to even matter I really think that they need to go into the bye no worse than 3-3 though. 2-4, especially 1-5 is simply too difficult to come back from, especially when there doesnt seem to be as many easy Ws in the division this year in addition to a schedule that still will include SF, ATL, Houston.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
My question is WHY would anyone want to be the coach under Jerry?
Would YOU?
Like you'd turn down 6 million a year. That said, any coach worth his salt has a lot of confidence and they will always think.....I'm the one that can make it work.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
We discussed this all off season. Everyone knew the coaching staff was being set up for failure, and we saw it happen before under Jerry and his lame duck coaches.

There was also plenty of talk about Zimmer struggling and losing the defense after the popular DQ left and took many players with him. He has lost teams before and even Parcells once made a comment about it. I know I bought in too much with the training camp hype about Zimm.

Three games in, what would solve it?
  • Another Amari Cooper trade, but this time the defensive version to save the season?
  • Dismiss Zimm, replace him with Harris? I feel bad for the guy if he has to lose everything he has built up here because of Jerry’s lame duck season
  • There is no hope? Get ready for a tank season? Get ready for Belichick next year? The only figurehead big enough to out shadow Jerry Culture?
I think the team will beat the Giants next week but have no idea on the other games vs Lions, 49ers and other tough opponents. But if they did lose from another run game pounding, I think Coach Mac and especially Zimm will lose control quickly.
oh, its about to explode. if they lose sunday night. if things go wrong somewhere along the way in the game, the players will explode. specially on defenisve side. if there is a missed assignment, wrong angle, somebody playing hero ball and giants score easily, boom it will explode on national TV...just watch

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If the boys win Thursday, then lose the next 2 games what may break the team is losing bigly to San Fran coming off the bye week. If they can find a way to win 2 of the next 4 maybe they'll hold it together.

Wilson

Reaction score
Not a chance, as the schedule gets tougher, the finger pointing will begin. not only with players, but between coaching staffs, Hasta la vista babies.
I wish fans would stop pointing fingers at people who aren't to blame but instead, those who are.
The coaches will lose this team. The players will start questioning their future and start making "business decisions". It's going to get ugly.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
If they don't do a better job of offensive play design/ game planning / play calling on offense, no, it will implode.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
McCarthy is being set up to take the fall for a losing season. Does he know it? He must, right?
I’m sorry ridiculous statement. No I’m not sorry, no one being set up. You set yourself up.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
All depends on W's and L's. I know this - if they lose Thursday, the crap will definitely hit the wall and the Cowboys will become team turmoil instantly.
I don’t believe the Cowboys have ever fired a coach midseason. I remember Landry for years being the only coach the Cowboys ever had. Good bad and different. He was there the constant. This time to let someone go.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If they don't do a better job of offensive play design/ game planning / play calling on offense, no, it will implode.
The offense is not the issue. I expected it coming out slow from preseason.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
All depends on W's and L's. I know this - if they lose Thursday, the crap will definitely hit the wall and the Cowboys will become team turmoil instantly.
That’s how our boys roll. Hollywood drama queens even in losing. :facepalm:

DQ going to be making some recruiting phone calls if Cowboys tank and Washington has a winning season.;)