Do you think our lame duck Coaches can hold the team together?

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Nope. They have no chance to succeed. Never have. Jerry is a cheap moron. He pretends he wants to put the pressure on Mike to succeed but in reality he would rather flush a whole season, wasting a year of 53 players short careers, just to avoid paying a coach to sit on the beach for $5mil. Which isn't even a lot for a good coach. Luckily for Jerry he still has fans that really just want to cheer for a team no matter what and he will make his millions regardless. That is what Jerry calls a winning $eason!

KevinHickey22

Reaction score
No. MM will not survive until November.
The team is imploding as we speak. Country club atmosphere, getting embarrassed on the field and through the media, calling players out and bickering at each other on the sidelines, lack of mental toughness and management that is clueless and trying to put a positive spin on everything.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
If you were MM, would you care?

Why would you battle the wildfire the owners have started around you?

Try to get fired. Go home, collect your money & not have to deal with the every day drama.

bewp7

Reaction score
hmmmmm

do i think the head coach who could not even get his coaching staff or team to show up to for a play off game can hold a locker room that is start to break down together

also who did not show up 2 out of 3 week so far in the season.........can he hold the team togetefer

hmmmmm

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No reason to change the staff mid season. If Mike bring in the last year of his deal is a major factor in players tuning him out I don't see them playing better for an interim coach. All this really stems from Jerry and how he rewards failure. Marketing over winning culture and no one can fix except the owner.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
If Jerry wants to pay me 4 or 5 million a season to allow him to be the HC while my only responsibility is to stand around and look important, hell yes I would take the job. But I'm not an actual coach and wouldn't be concerned about the egotistical old fool pulling me around by the strings. I wouldn't care about my pride or dignity being drug through the mud either. Why? I'm not a coach and wouldn't have that coaching dignity or pride to be worried about.

MM on the other hand, he has a coaching background but doesn't seem to be concerned about Jerry crapping all over his pride and dignity. He's clearly only going through the motions for a pay check
Exactly! Jerry loves to give free money out to people who didn't earn it so why not throw some of us a few million? I'd take the heat and say the stupid cliches on repeat for some green.

rambo2

Reaction score
We discussed this all off season. Everyone knew the coaching staff was being set up for failure, and we saw it happen before under Jerry and his lame duck coaches.

There was also plenty of talk about Zimmer struggling and losing the defense after the popular DQ left and took many players with him. He has lost teams before and even Parcells once made a comment about it. I know I bought in too much with the training camp hype about Zimm.

Three games in, what would solve it?
  • Another Amari Cooper trade, but this time the defensive version to save the season?
  • Dismiss Zimm, replace him with Harris? I feel bad for the guy if he has to lose everything he has built up here because of Jerry’s lame duck season
  • There is no hope? Get ready for a tank season? Get ready for Belichick next year? The only figurehead big enough to out shadow Jerry Culture?
I think the team will beat the Giants next week but have no idea on the other games vs Lions, 49ers and other tough opponents. But if they did lose from another run game pounding, I think Coach Mac and especially Zimm will lose control quickly.
If they can get to 3 and 2.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Like you'd turn down 6 million a year. That said, any coach worth his salt has a lot of confidence and they will always think.....I'm the one that can make it work.
Not really, there are still many very competent coaches who know making a deal with the devil never ends well. The coaching pool for Jerry are desperate, unwanted and lapdogs.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not really, there are still many very competent coaches who know making a deal with the devil never ends well. The coaching pool for Jerry are desperate, unwanted and lapdogs.
Coaches are very prideful....and if they won't get an opportunity elsewhere, they'll come with there tails tucks....just like, we fans do.

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
Just imagine Moore gets the Eagles gig and McCarthy takes over the Giants.

Quinn, Moore and McCarthy beating up the Boys for years to come. Eat that Jerry.