CZ POLL Do you think Tyron Smith will play this season?

Do you think Tyron Smith will play this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CWR

Reaction score
No chance. Gruesome injury. He may be done for good. It's a shame.

He needs to be done for good. No disrespect intended, but his body has been screaming for relief for a long time now.

dcstar

Reaction score
What ever he chooses to do...I wish him well. Always been a class act and seemingly a good human being.

Go Cowboy!

starfan1

Reaction score
The question was do I think he will. So ya I think he’ll get a game or 2 in cause Jerry’s a buffoon . I think he should retire tmrw and get it out of the way . He’s done but it’s hard to do that as an athlete

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Nope, this will be a longer healing process for a 31yo. It might even be a career ender :thumbdown:

glimmerman

Reaction score
He walked off after the injury with no limp. That’s crazy. Your hammy is torn from behind your knee. If anyone can come back it would be him.

dogberry

Reaction score
Wish we still had doctors who were willing to post here.

Were they run off by over aggressive posters?

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, it would be ridiculous to even try. He's a warrior who needs to sit by the fire and enjoy retirement.

Stak78

Reaction score
He’s done. This is a career ending injury. He would be foolish to try to continue. The Cowboys would be foolish to continue to rely on Tyron’s health. The writing is on the wall. He’s done.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
No and who cares at this point. He hasn’t played a full season since 2015. If it wasn’t this it would be another injury. Key position and they can’t rely on him. Time to move on. Should have drafted his replacement a couple years ago.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Swing Tackle in place? Maybe Jerry and Stephen can learn from one of the worst teams in football.
That team has been closer to a superbowl than Dallas has in the last 27 years.

So really. Who is one of the worst teams in football?

J-man

Reaction score
I said no. Because unless we go trade for a legit LT (highly unlikely) the prospect for success this season just took a major hit. Unless we're suddenly surprised by one of the guys we have already, we probably struggle this year and won't be in contention to make the playoffs when he's close to returning. So IMO, there would be no reason to bring him back.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
If he’s back at all, it’ll be December. A tough loss.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, time to move on.
Someone needs to take Jerry and Stephen out back, and do as Jimmy said...something about hit him in the head with a hammer....Well someone needs to this with Jerry and Stephen...

Because.
If Tyron returns, they will do the same thing going into 2023 thinking he will be fine, and will not address the situation.
However, even if he doesn't play this season, they still may think the same thing.

Tyron needs to make that decision for them and just retire. That is the only way this will be addressed in getting his replacement. Or make the move with Tyler Smith and live with it, draft another OG in 2023.

Status
Not open for further replies.