CZ POLL Do you want La'el Collins on the Cowboys in 2021?

Do you want La'el Collins on the Cowboys in 2021?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

starfan1

Reaction score
theres always one probably sat at the back of the class in HS. Cant understand not wanting his return

quickccc

Reaction score
Tyron’s health is going to make the decision for him to retire very soon. He has been a great player, but he is at the end of the road.

-The gut feeling I have with this club and Tyron is they will stretch- squeeze his remaining career (and his contract) out here as much they can, and far as they can, while having your
usual Cam Erving, Brandon Knight reserves battle-ready to go when he's out.

- we'll likely be like the Doug Free or Fredrick situation when they suddenly retire and leave us scrambling for immediate answers.

- Even If we somehow manage to draft Sewell, with Ty and LC here at OTs, we'll likely kick Sewell inside to LG, while we play tunes with what happens with Tyron within the next couple of years.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Ok, so you don’t want to keep Tyron who has missed 27 games in 10 years because he’s “unreliable” but yow want to keep Collins who has missed 34 in 6 seasons 4 (2015) 13 (16) 1(19) 16 (20)! Exactly how does that work?
One of them is 30 and has missed games every year since 2016 and has neck problems. His play has declined as well

The other is 27 and misses 1 game in the last 3 seasons before 2020 and he was an ascending player

Thats how it works

reddyuta

Reaction score
dude was directly responsible for all our ills,never got fit for the season and it was all downhill from there.

jrumann59

Reaction score
-The gut feeling I have with this club and Tyron is they will stretch- squeeze his remaining career (and his contract) out here as much they can, and far as they can, while having your
usual Cam Erving, Brandon Knight reserves battle-ready to go when he's out.

- we'll likely be like the Doug Free or Fredrick situation when they suddenly retire and leave us scrambling for immediate answers.

- Even If we somehow manage to draft Sewell, with Ty and LC here at OTs, we'll likely kick Sewell inside to LG, while we play tunes with what happens with Tyron within the next couple of years.
I will disagree. I think Tyron's biggest issue was corrected with the surgery. I cant imagine playing the game of football with herniated disk in his neck for as long as he has.

quickccc

Reaction score
I will disagree. I think Tyron's biggest issue was corrected with the surgery. I cant imagine playing the game of football with herniated disk in his neck for as long as he has.

Tyron has had an assortment of lingering injuries from knee, back, groin, and hip and latest is neck.
To how much do you think these incoming various injuries take it's toll on his body that forces him to become more and more unavailable?
Especially those that force him to miss a game or two, several games and remaining season per just 3 games ….etc.

exciter

Reaction score
One of them is 30 and has missed games every year since 2016 and has neck problems. His play has declined as well

The other is 27 and misses 1 game in the last 3 seasons before 2020 and he was an ascending player

Thats how it works
So ascending players normally come into camp so profoundly out of shape they injure themselves to the extent they miss the entire season? Collins has played a full 16 games twice, same number of times he’s missed the majority of, if not the whole season. In Tyrons worst season he’ll be a better player than in Collins in his best!

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Another trick question. Let get rid of the Cowboy gods free agent gift of a first round OL. Oh yeah, get rid of Collins, Dak, Cooper, Elliott, and keep Jerry Dumbo GM Jones.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course, it is a no brainer answer of yes.
Anyone voting no is trolling or nuts.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Tyron has had an assortment of lingering injuries from knee, back, groin, and hip and latest is neck.
To how much do you think these incoming various injuries take it's toll on his body that forces him to become more and more unavailable?
Especially those that force him to miss a game or two, several games and remaining season per just 3 games ….etc.
He has been playing with a herniated disc for better part of 3 seasons, if the rest are soft tissue, which I dont know, but if the season off will help those. With a basic understanding of biomechanical movements impinged nerves in the neck may help with over compensation elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.