Do you want to pay OBJ big money

Jkyle

Reaction score
It's looking like OBJ will want a contract paying starter Money, $20+ million per year range.
Are you ok with that are nah?
The knee history has me worried and if he wants to sign only for top money, then see ya

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
I don’t know how you can offer $20 million and feel good about it, honestly. $12 mil? $15 mil? I might be able to wrap my mind around that.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
No, and he isn’t going to get that.

What I’d like to sign him to a cheaper deal that has plenty of incentives. If he stays healthy and produces, the pay increases. Win-win for both parties.

John813

Reaction score
Yea, I wouldn't feel good about 20mil. Maybe 30mil would be best.

OBJ isn't going to get fringe #1 WR money at this stage of his career. Two ACL injuries, 30, etc...

He may get a contract loaded with incentives for play production/how far the team goes in the playoffs. But he isn't getting a 20mil AAV off base + bonuses.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
A big, fat NO.

Yea, I wouldn't feel good about 20mil. Maybe 30mil would be best.

OBJ isn't going to get fringe #1 WR money at this stage of his career. Two ACL injuries, 30, etc...

He may get a contract loaded with incentives for play production/how far the team goes in the playoffs. But he isn't getting a 20mil AAV off base + bonuses.

I wouldn't say he isn't because you never know with Jerral Wayne. I would say he shouldn't though.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I just dont see any scenario where OBJ gets $20MM a year. I'm not sure where that rumor started or why it still exists. If he signs somewhere and shows he is 100% he may get that for next season.

Last year with the Rams OBJ signed for 1yr/ $1.25MM. Why is he getting $20MM now?

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
If he’ll sign a 1 or 2 year non-guaranteed contract I’m cool with it. If signing him means possibly losing younger players in the off-season…no way.

817Gill

Reaction score
Loaded question lol. No one would and no one will. He’ll either get a moderate 2/3 year deal that can climb up with incentives or a 1 year 2-4M dollar flyer.

Not even a real question.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No.

He’s not going to be the “key” to winning in the playoffs.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
No way. Why get rid of Cooper, for very little, because he makes $ like that just to be saddled with the same $ contract with another WR? At least Cooper hasn't had 2 major surgeries on the same knee. That would make no sense at all. Come to think of it, it does sound like Jerry's logic, LOL.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's looking like OBJ will want a contract paying starter Money, $20+ million per year range.
The knee history has me worried and if he wants to sign only for top money, then see ya
Wants and gets are not the same..

He played for 4.75M last season.

Only playoff contenders that need a WR will have any interest at this point in the season.
- i.e. Limited market.

When Stephen Jones heard OBJ and 20M, he thought that meant OBJ would pay 20M if they would allow him to play...

SJ says OBJ will make up the difference next season if he wins a Super Bowl with the Cowboys this season.

SJ did offer to make him a captain and send him out for any coin toss opportunities in order to build his market value for next season.

SJ plans to offer him a 5-year, 250M contract but with only $1.98 guaranteed.

It will actually be structured as follows:
2022: 1M
March 2023 team option for 4 years 249M.

Because it's an option for a new 4 year deal in March, if the team declines the option it means it was only a 1 year deal that expired.
- That means they still get a comp pick if he signs elsewhere.

dfense

Reaction score
Try looking at his stats for the last couple years. 40ish yards a game? really? He's all done. He'll blow a tire 3 games in.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No to big guarantees.

Yes to big on the field incentives.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

NO!!!!!