Document Your Trevor Lawrence Prospect Assessment

DFWJC

Reaction score
At this stage, we seem to now have enough hate going on toward Trevor Lawrence that we may as well document it.

Three Questions
  1. Should (not will, but should) Trevor Lawrence go 1st overall in the 2021 draft?
  2. Will Lawrence be the best QB in this draft class?
  3. Will Lawrence be an NFL bust?

Own up to your claims....pro or con

I've already seen several people say he'll bust so those folks would answer: No, No, Yes
Those that think he's the top guy probably will answer: Yes, Yes, No

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
At this stage, we seem to now have enough hate going on toward Trevor Lawrence that we may as well document it.

Three Questions
  1. Should (not will, but should) Trevor Lawrence go 1st overall in the 2021 draft?

I've already seen several people say he'll bust so those folks would answer: No, No, Yes
1. Yes

2. No

3. No

Only reason I dont think he’ll be the best in this class is because hes going to a horrible franchise in Jacksonville. I think Wilson or Fields will be better depending on where they end up.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Here are some of the know dissenters....which is fine.
I'm just curious about what level the dessent is.

The partial list is actually pretty long!

• Beaker42
  • Cowboy Lover
  • Mr V
  • Verdict
  • thunderpimp91
  • Jake
  • Irvin88for life
  • daboyzruleperiod
  • Dreski
  • Furboy
  • jblaze2004
  • Loso86
  • Shunpike
  • Willie Beaman
  • Wttoolman.
  • Big D
  • Dreski
  • philadon
  • Cattle_Rancher
  • Winesone
  • Creeper (partially)
  • DUO-CORE(partially)

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
1. Yes - The potential is there.
2. No - Sorry Trev, it's Jacksonville.
3. No - Too good to bust completely, but unlikely to live up to the hype. Think Jared Goff.

John813

Reaction score
1. Yes
2. It's possible. He's going to a bad team, but they do have talent on the wings and their RB isn't bad. Chark has shown flashes of being a very good one and Shenault has the ability to be a threat too.
3. No. May not live up to his hype but I can't see him busting. He has areas he needs to work on but he has the talent to be one of the best.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Lawrence should be the first pick no question. He is an athletic 6’6 monster with a rifle arm.

I think on the right team Fields and Wilson could have better careers then Lawrence. I don’t trust Jacksonville with any prospects.

There is a chance he could be a bust but not because of his talent. Jacksonville is a bad organization and they could ruin him. The guy has only lost games in the playoffs so you don’t know how mentally tough he is.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Here are some of the know dissenters....which is fine.
I'm just curious about what level the dessent is.

The partial list is actually pretty long!

• Beaker42
  • Cowboy Lover
  • Mr V
  • Verdict
  • thunderpimp91
  • Jake
  • Irvin88for life
  • daboyzruleperiod
  • Dreski
  • Furboy
  • jblaze2004
  • Loso86
  • Shunpike
  • Willie Beaman
  • Wttoolman.
  • Big D
  • Dreski
  • philadon
  • Cattle_Rancher
  • Winesone
  • Creeper (partially)
  • DUO-CORE(partially)
It's not that I think Lawrence will bust or is terrible. I just think he is over hyped and can't be some once in a lifetime player when he hasn't been the best QB in the ACC the past 2 years even though he has the most talent.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Lawrence should be the first pick no question. He is an athletic 6’6 monster with a rifle arm.

I think on the right team Fields and Wilson could have better careers then Lawrence. I don’t trust Jacksonville with any prospects.

There is a chance he could be a bust but not because of his talent. Jacksonville is a bad organization and they could ruin him. The guy has only lost games in the playoffs so you don’t know how mentally tough he is.
It helps playing in the ACC when it comes to winning games

RS12

Reaction score
I wish he were being drafted by the Cowboys. I do believe he is extremely talented. His NFL future depends on a variety of factors including the team that drafts him, who coaches, injuries etc. Bottom line if the Cowboys had the number one pick, the card would already be in.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I wish he were being drafted by the Cowboys. I do believe he is extremely talented. His NFL future depends on a variety of factors including the team that drafts him, who coaches, injuries etc. Bottom line if the Cowboys had the number one pick, the card would already be in.
I wish this would happen too so answer to the questions:
Yes
Yes
No.

We don’t have a shot at him but it I am glad we have Dak. Just get that contract done.

Verdict

Reaction score

Three Questions

1. I’m not sure.
2. Odds are against it. I’ll take the field.
3. I don’t know if he will SUCK, but I don’t think he will live up to the hype. Everyone acts like he will be the next Tom Brady. I don’t think so. I think he gets snapped like a twig and his Sunshine persona gets flattened.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Ive said this in a few threads. Hes the next Andrew Luck that had this hype 8 years ago. Luck was a perennial pro bowler but not a Hall of Famer.

So odds are he’s worth the #1 pick but let’s not say he’s definitively a top 10 QB from day 1.

phildadon86

Reaction score
1. Yes

2. No

3. No

Only reason I dont think he’ll be the best in this class is because hes going to a horrible franchise in Jacksonville. I think Wilson or Fields will be better depending on where they end up.
I see bust written all over him. Thats obviously an opinion. But I just dont see it with him. I think Wilson will be a better pro. (even if he apparently has character concerns). I think Mac Jones is interesting as well. I think Fields will end up being the best QB in this draft followed by Wilson.

Dalmations202

Reaction score
I don't know if Trevor Lawrence makes it or not, depends on the coaching and front line.
Many talented QB's come to the NFL, but few actually end up with excellent coaches to scheme around their talents. I don't think Patrick Mahomes would be near the star he is, if he didn't get Andy Reed for his coach. Don't get me wrong, he would still be good, but not the star he is now.

Some places will get a good QB prospect and kill him because they don't see the need in a Oline or don't see the need in elite WR or TE or whatever.

Some QB's kill themselves by buying into their own hype and not working at their craft.

I think Trevor Lawrence has the talent to be All-Pro. Will he get the team or the coach, and will he keep working after getting paid --- ???? that is the multi-million dollar question.

Aven8

Reaction score
I think Lawrence has played with a TON of NFL prospects and talented teams. I’ve said this for two years, but he’s not as good as Watson. Clemson wasn’t as talented as they are now when he played and he single handily lifted those teams on his shoulders. His best effort IMO was the NC game he lost to Alabama where he was pure greatness.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I think Lawrence has played with a TON of NFL prospects and talented teams. I’ve said this for two years, but he’s not as good as Watson. Clemson wasn’t as talented as they are now when he played and he single handily lifted those teams on his shoulders. His best effort IMO was the NC game he lost to Alabama where he was pure greatness.

I think you mean the NC game he and Clemson WON vs Alabama. 44-16

But yes Aven, he was great in that one.

Aven8

Reaction score
I think you mean the NC game he and Clemson WON vs Alabama. 44-16

But yes Aven, he was great in that one.

No, I meant the one he lost 45-40 to Bama. He was amazing in that game.

kskboys

Reaction score

Three Questions

1. Absolutely.
2. There is no close 2nd.
3. Absolutely not. His downside is Matt Ryan.

Lawrence is a super prospect. Best prospect since Andrew Luck, who would've been in the HOF if not for going to a crapp franchise who had no idea how to build a contender. And that, BTW, is the only reason Lawrence won't succeed at a very high level: If JAX fails to put the necessary pieces around him.

kskboys

Reaction score
In college, I can agree. In the pros: Barbie is a much better prospect then Watson. In all likelihood he will be a better pro QB.

Exactly what makes you think Watson is/will be better?

Aven8

Reaction score
In college, I can agree. In the pros: Barbie is a much better prospect then Watson. In all likelihood he will be a better pro QB.

Exactly what makes you think Watson is/will be better?

He’s a playmaker, and most importantly a winner. He’s one of the toughest QB’s out there. O’Brien was a clown. I can’t decide what Lawrence will be.