Does Al Johnson have any trade value?

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
I think the reason people were high on Johnson previously and down on him now is due to Bledsoe. Bledsoe changes the offensive gameplan of this team. One of Bledsoe's Achilles heels is the blitz up the middle. As a result, Johnson was seeing more people up the middle. Also affected Julius. His signature run IMO is the draw type play up the middle. Doesn't work well if thats being blitzed.

IMO, that is where Johnson excels. Moving in space and getting to the next level. Standing in the middle and dealing with multiple blitzers and his size will probably be exposed.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
junk said:
I think the reason people were high on Johnson previously and down on him now is due to Bledsoe. Bledsoe changes the offensive gameplan of this team. One of Bledsoe's Achilles heels is the blitz up the middle. As a result, Johnson was seeing more people up the middle. Also affected Julius. His signature run IMO is the draw type play up the middle. Doesn't work well if thats being blitzed.

IMO, that is where Johnson excels. Moving in space and getting to the next level. Standing in the middle and dealing with multiple blitzers and his size will probably be exposed.

Actually - I think Adam posted this a ways back. The vast majority of our sacks came off the edges and were on our inept tackle play. AlJ graded out pretty favorable.

I think our conservative GAME CALLING and 2 TE sets were predictable - and were jammed up running left, right and up the gut. Not ALL on Johnson but yes - pressure on Al up the middle is where Rivera/Allen need to help out too.

If Gurode was better he'd start and AlJ would have been the backup.

Trade Alj? I Don't - I fix OT play first.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Nors said:
Actually - I think Adam posted this a ways back. The vast majority of our sacks came off the edges and were on our inept tackle play. AlJ graded out pretty favorable.

I think our conservative GAME CALLING and 2 TE sets were predictable - and were jammed up running left, right and up the gut. Not ALL on Johnson but yes - pressure on Al up the middle is where Rivera/Allen need to help out too.

If Gurode was better he'd start and AlJ would have been the backup.

Trade Alj? I Don't - I fix OT play first.

Where did I say anything about trading him?

Simply stated: Teams will rush up the middle now more as opposed to before. The team might be effective at picking it up, but it does cause issues in the run game as well.

No doubt tackle is an issue. Guard is soon to be.