Does Anae have the chance to be our TJ Watt?

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Anae reminds me a lot of Joe Jackson, in that they're both hard-charger straight line effort guys. Anae's got better technique, but Jackson is 20 lbs bigger and has a year of NFL coaching and training. To be frank, I think only one of them ends up making the final roster.

Beaker42

Reaction score
While I wanted TJ Watt very much with that pick at the time and absolutely hated the Taco pick it wasn't such a no brainer pick at all...it had tons of risk to it especially with his multiple knee surgeries before even entering the league, at the time people were saying he may not play more than a few years. He's was also a question mark about playing as a 4-3 end.

It's really easy to sit here now after the fact and talk about how he was a no brainer pick but he wasn't at the time.
EVERYBODY knew Taco was a walking motivation issue - as a fan of another Big10 team, I hated the pick because I KNEW he was going to be a problem for the Cowboys. It was obvious he thought he was owed.

12+88=7

Reaction score
He's behind

Lawrence
Crawford
Smith
Gregory

Being 5th on the depth chart(Armstrong and Jackson could be ahead) doesn't get you on the field much. Much of his contribution this year, if any, will be on special teams.

Once Crawford, Smith, and Gregory move on he will get his chance.