Does Anybody Feel That Garrett Is Over-Rated and Hurting This Team?

Reaction score
Does anybody feel that Jason Garrett is over-rated and that his play-calling has hurt the Cowboys?

IMO, I say YES to both. Garrett inability to call a balanced game plan has caused the Cowboys offense to sputter.

IMO, Jason seems to over look what he has in the back-field with Barber and Felix Jones(Before injury). It seems to me that he leans way to much on Romo and the passing game. When you pass the ball as much as the Cowboys do, you are bound to get INTS and fumbles.

What has Jason Garrett learn from Bill Parcells? Not much. Everybody knows that you need to run the ball to set up the pass and not the other way around.

I think that Garrett's thinking has hamstrung the Cowboys offense. What are your opinions of Jason Garrett and his play-calling?

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
The offense has become vanilla and predictable. I expect more from the $3 million dollar man.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2338177 said:
With two losses!

Garrett needs to get this running game going asap.

Ahh so its Garretts fault the defense and special teams can't keep anyone out of the endzone.

I get it now.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
With two losses!

what if the problem lies with Houck and an inability to get through to the players?

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
With two losses!

And try to find ways to get TO open against the amazing Rod Hood and the rest of the Cardinals allpro secondary.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If its so damn predictable why are we still producing so big.

Give this team a shot of enthusiasm and all is well. Without it they are ordinary, predictable, and all that good stuff.

Reaction score
Dallas;2338183 said:
Ahh so its Garretts fault the defense and special teams can't keep anyone out of the endzone.

I get it now.

That's plain stupid! He needs to pound the rock with Barber after getting the lead. Our O-Line is the biggest in the NFL.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2338188 said:
That's plain stupid! He needs to pound the rock with Barber after getting the lead. Our O-Line is the biggest in the NFL.

I see. So the defense and special teams are totally in the clear w/ your formula.

Its not plain stupid. You can't hang this all on Garrett. At some point one rational fan should feel that scoring 30+ a game should be able to win the ball game.

Tell me. What is the avg pts scored by NFL teams this year? Curious.

dre1614

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2338188 said:

Just because its the biggest doesn't mean they are playing well, which they are not.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
With two losses!

You mean 2 our of 6 games with rushing over 200 yards isn't good enough? :laugh2:

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
nyc;2338212 said:
You mean 2 our of 6 games with rushing over 200 yards isn't good enough? :laugh2:

Shh!! FOUL!

You can't point out the obvious NYC.

Play nice! :D

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Awesome thread. I'm sure you put a good amount of thought into this...

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2338157 said:
Does anybody feel that Jason Garrett is over-rated and that his play-calling has hurt the Cowboys?

IMO, I say YES to both. Garrett inability to call a balanced game plan has caused the Cowboys offense to sputter.

Didn't you just answer your own question here? :confused: