Does Anybody Feel That Garrett Is Over-Rated and Hurting This Team?

HoosierCowboy

Put Pearson in the HOF
Reaction score
While I'm not one of those nuts who think the year is ruined by 2 losses, I have thought for a while that Garrett is overrated--but he's young and can learn, but the offense is too predictable and without imagination

HoosierCowboy

Put Pearson in the HOF
Reaction score
Ender;2338226 said:
LMAO:lmao: , now you guys hate Garrett

don't hate him--I think he could be a great coach, I'm hoping he becomes the Cowboys head coach. These next 4 games will be a good indication.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
HoosierCowboy;2338231 said:
don't hate him--I think he could be a great coach, I'm hoping he becomes the Cowboys head coach. These next 4 games will be a good indication.

You think he is over-rated but will be a great coach? :confused:

mmmkk

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Ender;2338226 said:
LMAO:lmao: , now you guys hate Garrett

Why you people hatin????
malibu2.jpg

Skip

Reaction score
Well I blame most of the Cowboys trouble with poor play, on both sides of the ball on Wade. He is the guy after all that is supposed to have the team ready to play and a good number of times this year they were not.

They have won in spite of poor play.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pick6, Bailey, Cowboyjoe...

All must be the same person.

Because there couldn't be 3 of them that post ridiculous stuff like this.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
We will see what Garrett is made of over the next several weeks.

He should be able to make the Rams look foolish even with Johnson if he is anything close the genius he is painted out to be. Tampa and New York will be good tests.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2338277 said:
Firecrotch is about as creative as Wades wardrobe....

VERY odd post. Welcome to ignore. I hear you are on many.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2338277 said:
Firecrotch is about as creative as Wades wardrobe....

Shouldn't you update your Sig to "4-2 and Secondary Bowl bound"?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2338157 said:
Does anybody feel that Jason Garrett is over-rated and that his play-calling has hurt the Cowboys?

IMO, I say YES to both. Garrett inability to call a balanced game plan has caused the Cowboys offense to sputter.

IMO, Jason seems to over look what he has in the back-field with Barber and Felix Jones(Before injury). It seems to me that he leans way to much on Romo and the passing game. When you pass the ball as much as the Cowboys do, you are bound to get INTS and fumbles.

What has Jason Garrett learn from Bill Parcells? Not much. Everybody knows that you need to run the ball to set up the pass and not the other way around.

I think that Garrett's thinking has hamstrung the Cowboys offense. What are your opinions of Jason Garrett and his play-calling?

Newman is overrated.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I think it is BEYOND mind boggling that he cannot get TO the ball...I think it is beyond mind boggling that he calls LONG routes when the ONLY ONE RUNNING ROUTES WITH ANY SPEED is TO. I think it is outlandish that he has not figured out how to make our no name WRs more productive. I think he has been outcoached A LOT lately. So is he good? Yes! Is he overrated? Yes!

vlad

Reaction score
Is he a bad coach? I don't think so. I'm sure he's a good coach given all the feedback you hear on him.

Is he overrated? I don't see how anyone can say that he's not overrated. Everyone wanted to crown him the second coming of Bill Walsh.

According to people on this board, including myself, and many "experts" we have a top 3-5 QB, a top 5-10 RB, a top1-3 WR, the best TE, 3 legitimate pro bowlers on our line, and solid RT and LG. If we say our downfall is Crayton at #2, that's a pretty weak excuse. If we say its our unsteady FB position, again a pretty weak excuse. So our offense should be pretty damn good no matter who is calling the plays, right? Well maybe not Coslet...

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2338188 said:
That's plain stupid! He needs to pound the rock with Barber after getting the lead. Our O-Line is the biggest in the NFL.

If you watch a typical run up for dallas, you'll see Proctor, and at least one other lineman standing around watching his guy make the tackle.

I cant tell you how many runs we have had the last 3 games where linemen are just standing around.

BruceWayne

Tennione72
Reaction score
I don't think he's overrated. I do think the QB in him takes over in some of his play calling. Like everybody that watched that game on Sunday knew Romo was gonna come out slinging the ball in OT. Why didn't he run the ball a couple times just to throw the D off Balance or maybe a screen. He had to know they were bringing everybody.