Does anyone do online checking? (AmTrust)

locked&loaded

Reaction score
The APY is quite high and I was thinking of opening a savings there. Im 18 and have a good amount lying around and have yet to open a savings. Does anyone do there savings/checking online? Bad good? etc... also i was thinking about opening a roth or roth ira. I guess any and all help in this area will be appreciated. Also i am going to college this coming fall which i will need money for. All help or suggestions are appreciated.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
I do all of my savings and checking online @ BoA in Tempe/Chandler/Scottsdale/Gilbert. Have not had any problems with it all. For me, I don't like carrying cash around at all so I just use my debit card practically everywhere.

Very secure IMO.

Looks like AmTrust has a few different savings account options. Gold savings, Statement savings, and Ohio Heritage Savings.

In the Gold savings it costs $500 to open, $500 balance to avoid mthly maintenance fee and you need a $500 balance to earn interest (Interest rate is 1.492%).

In the Statement savings it costs $100 to open, $250 to avoid mthly maintenance fee and $100 to earn interest. (Interest rate is .500%)

In the Ohio Heritage it costs $50 to open, there is no mthly maintenance fee, and you earn interest with at least a $1 balance(Interest rate is .499%).

I can't help you in the Roth IRA account though.