Does anyone else hate the DL 4x4 rotation

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
I’m all for keeping guys fresh but I hate how Marinelli subs out the whole DLine even after a 14 play drive by the offense which allows our guys to get rest.

The 2nd unit made 1 good play yesterday and that was Ash’s 3 yard TFL.

Anytime Lawrence is off the field there is an enormous difference probably because when he’s off usually Irving and Crawford are off as well.

I’d rather do basketball style and rotate out one guy at a time.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I’m all for keeping guys fresh but I hate how Marinelli subs out the whole DLine even after a 14 play drive by the offense which allows our guys to get rest.

Anytime Lawrence is off the field there is an enormous difference probably because when he’s off usually Irving and Crawford are off as well.

Yeah, I mentioned it a few weeks back. I can't see how it's a good idea to take out all four of your starters at once.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I hate it because the 2nd group provides absolutely zilch outside of Ash who provides some push inside.

Sydla

Reaction score
I ask because I don't know............ but when he rotates the #1 DL out, does he also rotate Lee out? Because frankly if you take the #1 DL out and then run out some combo of Hitchens/Smith/Wilson, then you are asking for real trouble.

blindzebra

Reaction score
I ask because I don't know............ but when he rotates the #1 DL out, does he also rotate Lee out? Because frankly if you take the #1 DL out and then run out some combo of Hitchens/Smith/Wilson, then you are asking for real trouble.
When Wahington went 50 yards in three plays he had the starting DL and Lee out. They came back in and we held them to FG.

Verdict

Reaction score

Agreed. I sort of think that Marinelli may be a snake oil salesman and buffoon. I'm not positive but I am currently leaning in that direction.

robbieruff

Reaction score

Definitely agree...I mentioned it as well concerning Zeke...I am all for giving him a break here and there (and yes, we fed him the rock amply yesterday), but the odd part to me is when we sub AFTER the other team's long, time-consuming drives. You'd think your starters are fresh when a team has just grinded out a 10+ play, 6+ minute drive on you...and vise versa when our offense does it...nevertheless, here come the subs on the next series. Very odd...

Reactions: BAT

Chuck 54

Reaction score
The other side of it is he wants the best guys out there together in passing situations. No easy answers.