Does anyone else have this problem?

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
It's been 4 preseason games, 13 regular season game, and plenty of highlights and clips. Yet at some point early in each game I see Bledsoe wearing #11 and for a split second I think it's Danny White. It even happened while watching the NFL Channel's Cowboys vs Chiefs game tonight.

I wish Bledsoe wore another number so I wouldn't get confused like this. :)

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
NorthTexan95 said:
It's been 4 preseason games, 13 regular season game, and plenty of highlights and clips. Yet at some point early in each game I see Bledsoe wearing #11 and for a split second I think it's Danny White. It even happened while watching the NFL Channel's Cowboys vs Chiefs game tonight.

not had this problem thus far.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Danny was shorter. Bayless said his nickname was the "Master of Disaster."

2much2soon

Reaction score
not even close to the same physical appearance. Bledsoe is tall and gangly where White was shorter and more compact, relative to Bledsoe.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
NorthTexan95 said:

Never had that problem. For obvious reasons.

CM Duck

I'm breaking the 4th wall...
Reaction score
never put danny white in the same breathe as Drew Bledsoe. If Drew had the same caliber talent around him throughout his career that the original #11 had he'd have more than that one Super Bowl ring(that Brady won for him). But regardless, Drew is a real QB and danny white was nothing more than a punter who had a strong arm.

All you ever have to do is look at game footage of both QBs. Look at Drew's eyes, he looks like he belongs behind center. While you can look into danny's eyes and they seem to be saying "DAMN. why did Mr Staubach have to retire? This is some scary $h!t. Coach get me outta here!!!!!!!!"

I never likied danny white as our QB. Maybe it's because he came in after Staubach. But now that I think about it, I don't feel that way about JJ or MBIII. Hmmmmmm.

danny white was always scerred when he played QB. If we would have had a REAL QB back in those days, there wouldn't have been a 49ers dynasty!

parchy

Reaction score
torrescatch22 said:
danny white was always scerred when he played QB. If we would have had a REAL QB back in those days, there wouldn't have been a 49ers dynasty!

That's a little overboard. Danny White was an above average QB... you paint him out to be Kyle Boller.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
No I havent had that problem you should probably get some new glasses or contacts...

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
the_h0wey said:
No I havent had that problem you should probably get some new glasses or contacts...

Hmmm from your sig my guess is you will be lovin it if Brady Quinn becomes a Cowboy in the draft. I would like that to. He looks as big as a LB that is for sure.

2much2soon

Reaction score
torrescatch22 said:
never put danny white in the same breathe as Drew Bledsoe. If Drew had the same caliber talent around him throughout his career that the original #11 had he'd have more than that one Super Bowl ring(that Brady won for him). But regardless, Drew is a real QB and danny white was nothing more than a punter who had a strong arm.

All you ever have to do is look at game footage of both QBs. Look at Drew's eyes, he looks like he belongs behind center. While you can look into danny's eyes and they seem to be saying "DAMN. why did Mr Staubach have to retire? This is some scary $h!t. Coach get me outta here!!!!!!!!"

I never likied danny white as our QB. Maybe it's because he came in after Staubach. But now that I think about it, I don't feel that way about JJ or MBIII. Hmmmmmm.

I used to like to dis Steve Young to whiner's fans by calling him the Danny White of the '90s since he put up huge numbers but didn't win anything(until finally in '94).
I never thought White was a bad QB but following Roger was a tall order and he was always going to be villified for that by many people.
Landry thought enough of White to use him as his starter for a lot of years and he was considered a great athlete back in the day, even by NFL standards. He was near legend status at ASU according to my cousin who attended there at the same time.
Big if, but "if" he hadn't fumbled on that last drive against SF "The Catch" would be a forgotten moment and White would likely be a huge Dallas hero.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Danny White was a very good QB who did a lot with limited skills. He wasn't very big, he wasn't very strong but he made a lot of good plays for us in his career.

Now if we would have had Bledsoe on those teams I do believe we would have won more games and some SBs as well because he has much more talent, is bigger and has a stronger arm.

I wish we would have kept Steve DeBerg when we drafted him in 1977. He would have made an excellent understudy for Staubach but at the time White was our punter and it freed up a roster spot for another position.

DeBerg had the size, arm strength, and was extremely smart. He was the best I've seen at running the play-fake since Johnny Unitas, even better than Peyton Manning is. If he would have gotten a chance to play with some talent around him he would have done very well.

He played on some horrible teams in San Fran, Denver, Tampa, and KC but had a great year in 1990 when KC finally had something around him, throwing for 3444 yards, 23 TDs and only 4 INTs.

Anyway, Danny White was a good QB and doesn't deserve the bashing he gets from younger fans. Those who watched him play know he was a darn good player, he just wasn't Roger Staubach.

twa

Reaction score
The Danny White bashing approaches the level of idocy that the Parcells bashers have reached on this board :banghead:

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
NorthTexan95 said:

Uh, not unless I'm suddenly wearing a "punk shirt," parachute pants, sporting a "spike/bi-level" haircut, and Sammy Hagar's "Standing Hamption" is playing in the tape deck.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Not on the field, but when I was in Dallas, I saw a little kid with a #11 jersey. I was kind of surprised that a kid that young was wearing a Danny White jersey. Then it dawned on me....duh.

I used to own the Danny White kids uniform. The plastic helmet, jersey and pants. I think it was a Halloween get up one year when I was a bit younger. :D

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
Just to clarify, it's not the play of Bledsoe that reminds me of Danny White, it simply the #11 on the Cowboys jersey. It's just a split second thing for me.