Does anyone else love our demise?

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
While I respect your view on these things I can't agree. That's like giving the kid in grade school coming in last a medal too, because he was there. To make him feel good even though he's a loser.

I watch sports because I want to feel the joy of seeing my side win. This goes for any sport I follow. In soccer I follow a team that won't likely win the national championship anytime soon, so when they won the cup (a national tournament played out at the same time) it gave me the satisfaction I needed to survive the next couple of years.

Your guys have to win something every now and then or it's no fun anymore. And being a Cowboys fan hasn't been much fun for so long, I don't even know why I can't just leave. They are all just losers, FO, Coaching Staff, Dak, everyone else. Well I'd leave the rookies out for now, but after two years or so they become losers too.

It simply doesn't matter anymore, who is responsible for what mistake. Until this whole damn rust bucket of a ship is completely rehauled in dry dock it will always just barely float. You have to kick this whole overpayed generation of players with their Hollywood attitude out first before anything good will happen again. And you need a Jimmy G / Bill Parcels kind of coach to inject a gritty work horse eat dirt play your arse off kind of attitude before any upcoming changes of the roster will have any positive effect.

We need a '89 season again to kick out the trash, have the pain become big enough to make the hard decisions and start something new. All these worthless +500 seasons won't allow us to do that.

No, I'd never feast on the demise of this organization. I'm a fan through and through. But I'm tired of this mediocrity, which won't let us improve. Here in Germany we have a saying: too little for life, too much for death. It's used in another context usually, but in my opinion it describes the situation the Cowboys have been in for over 20 years perfectly.

So F the OP, but F all the die hard optimists too. Both views won't get us anywhere.

I hear you and I respect your point of view. I'm not for giving out participation trophies either. But I don't believe in the mantra if you aint first your last. I want Dallas to win a Super Bowl as much as anyone on this site

I just don't say screw em all if they dont. I mean guys act is if 12-5 is something to sneeze at. It's a successful season by any metric. Again not a super Bowl but indeed something to build on.

as far as die hard optimist . I 'd have to plead guilty to that one. I used to coach and I always tell my kids, the next victory will be your best one. If your not expecting good things to happen, they never will. But I hear ya

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
While I respect your view on these things I can't agree. That's like giving the kid in grade school coming in last a medal too, because he was there. To make him feel good even though he's a loser.

I watch sports because I want to feel the joy of seeing my side win. This goes for any sport I follow. In soccer I follow a team that won't likely win the national championship anytime soon, so when they won the cup (a national tournament played out at the same time) it gave me the satisfaction I needed to survive the next couple of years.

Your guys have to win something every now and then or it's no fun anymore. And being a Cowboys fan hasn't been much fun for so long, I don't even know why I can't just leave. They are all just losers, FO, Coaching Staff, Dak, everyone else. Well I'd leave the rookies out for now, but after two years or so they become losers too.

It simply doesn't matter anymore, who is responsible for what mistake. Until this whole damn rust bucket of a ship is completely rehauled in dry dock it will always just barely float. You have to kick this whole overpayed generation of players with their Hollywood attitude out first before anything good will happen again. And you need a Jimmy G / Bill Parcels kind of coach to inject a gritty work horse eat dirt play your arse off kind of attitude before any upcoming changes of the roster will have any positive effect.

We need a '89 season again to kick out the trash, have the pain become big enough to make the hard decisions and start something new. All these worthless +500 seasons won't allow us to do that.

No, I'd never feast on the demise of this organization. I'm a fan through and through. But I'm tired of this mediocrity, which won't let us improve. Here in Germany we have a saying: too little for life, too much for death. It's used in another context usually, but in my opinion it describes the situation the Cowboys have been in for over 20 years perfectly.

So F the OP, but F all the die hard optimists too. Both views won't get us anywhere.

I hear you and I respect your point of view. I'm not for giving out participation trophies either. But I don't believe in the mantra if you aint first your last. I want Dallas to win a Super Bowl as much as anyone on this site

I just don't say screw em all if they dont. I mean guys act is if 12-5 is something to sneeze at. It's a successful season by any metric. Again not a super Bowl but indeed something to build on.

as far as die hard optimist . I 'd have to plead guilty to that one. I used to coach and I always tell my kids, the next victory will be your best one. If your not expecting good things to happen, they never will. But I hear ya

Yeah.. Solid post. I don’t mind being attacked for this opinion.

The Cowboys never win though so I’d rather bask in my I told you so’s for all their stupidity that has lead to this that most on here applauded while it was happening.

So everyone enjoy the mediocrity. A lot of you cheered on as they made the moves that locked us into it.