Does anyone have information on the enigma Randy Gregory?

Hayseed

Reaction score
Im trash because I dont buy in to a bunch of nonsense I guess....LOL This is a football team. Its about time we draft people who can, ...you know....actually play the game. Call me crazy but I think it would seem pretty important to most to have PLAYERS that actually PLAY. What a bizzarro world...o_O

Rayman70

Reaction score
Im trash because I dont buy in to a bunch of nonsense I guess....LOL This is a football team. Its about time we draft people who can, ...you know....actually play the game. Call me crazy but I think it would seem pretty important to most to have PLAYERS that actually PLAY. What a bizzarro world...o_O
AMEN BRO!

DuncanIso

Reaction score
For some unknown reason I've always been pulling for the guy. The few games he played he wasn't bad, but he also wasn't a slam dunk future Pro-Bowler.

How many years can you stay away from the game & still maintain what it takes to be a pro? I mean he started out when Greg Hardy was on the team.

Still would be happy to see him back in camp, but I have my doubts.

drafted almost 5 years ago.

He'll be 28 next November.

His career is almost over.

Rayman70

Reaction score
bottomline, we cannot win championships with guys sidelined with injury ,suspended..for whatever the reason. THEY HAVE TO ACTUALLY BE AVAILABLE TO PLAY. Otherwise, we are running a welfare program funded by Jerry and the NFL. THIS THINKING has gotten us nowhere for 25 years. That is why MM was hired and he has went scorched Earth on the team and staff. ITS A NEW DAY. Get use to it.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
People need to stop with the "if he was interested" crap.

Dude has a disease. You'd never say that about someone who had cancer. Addiction and mental health issues are real.

Man PLEASE I was an addict and been somber for 15 years. I hit rock bottom and needed help. I been thru this s--- and know what the ---- I am talking about. I go to meetings every week. Don't tell me Nothing. Still have q good friend still out there. So till you walk in my shoes you are the one that don't know. One love my man! I am not talking like most on this board who has not lived this lifestyle, I HAVE LIVED IT!
I go to meetings and have heard how this has affected all kinds of people.

cern

Reaction score
Haven't heard a word and couldn't care less anymore.. hope randy the individual gets it worked out, but the odds appear to be against it given the chances he's been given, the professional help he's been given and the support the jones family have given him. Sadly, some just aren't wired correctly.

Rayman70

Reaction score
@AbeBeta if HE WAS INTERESTED, he would be clean by now...and reinstated. I have battled cancer, ITS NOT THE SAME THING MAN. Each affliction is its own beast. Cancer isn't a choice one makes..it just IS. Mental Health is a complicated thing and so I cannot speak on that.I do know Randy has issues and needs constant help...thus, we need to get over the idea of him ever playing again. Its life, **** HAPPENS. MOVE ON.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
@AbeBeta if HE WAS INTERESTED, he would be clean by now...and reinstated. I have battled cancer, ITS NOT THE SAME THING MAN. Each affliction is its own beast. Cancer isn't a choice one makes..it just IS. Mental Health is a complicated thing and so I cannot speak on that.I do know Randy has issues and needs constant help...thus, we need to get over the idea of him ever playing again. Its life, **** HAPPENS. MOVE ON.

This, trust me if he had hit rock bottom he would know it and be begging for help. I have seen what some of the drugs do to people in person and not something you want to see. Cancer is you can not have it one check up and then the next year BAM. Drug addiction is totally different, most not all but most that person had or has a choice.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
You cray.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Does anyone have information on the guy? Do you think he is in the plans for 2020?

I ask because this team is VERY thin on the DL. Having him will make a huge difference. That said, if he is not playing in 2020 they need to be done with him.

First things first. Gregory has to get reinstated by the league, but seeing he's a multiple time offender I think he's used up all good will he may have had and I seriously doubt that the Cowboys will continue to have any connection with Gregory.

cml750

Reaction score
That ship has sailed. Gregory cannot be counted on. The team should go about business as if he will never play again. If he ever does it will be a bonus but likely a short lived one given his history. Hopefully he can one day get his personal life in order for his own sake.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Poor mental health and addiction are not choices. They are harder to overcome than many cancers. Dumb, stigmatizing attitudes like yours make things worse.

Cancer kills. You can't just go to a 28 day 12 step program to rid your body of cancer. I have relatives that died from cancer and I also have a relative who was a drug addict. He fell off the wagon a few times but eventually after losing just about everything important to him he finally stayed sober and has been sober and free of drugs for 14 years. He is the first one to tell anyone that he could have and should have stopped using drugs years before he finally did and only blames himself for making bad choices.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Cancer kills. You can't just go to a 28 day 12 step program to rid your body of cancer. I have relatives that died from cancer and I also have a relative who was a drug addict. He fell off the wagon a few times but eventually after losing just about everything important to him he finally stayed sober and has been sober and free of drugs for 14 years. He is the first one to tell anyone that he could have and should have stopped using drugs years before he finally did and only blames himself for making bad choices.

This! Unless you were an infant and the mom did drugs, everyone else had a choice and made the choice to do drugs from hanging with the wrong crowd to taking the drug. So you had a CHOICE.

MLB53

Reaction score
Does anyone have information on the guy? Do you think he is in the plans for 2020?

I ask because this team is VERY thin on the DL. Having him will make a huge difference. That said, if he is not playing in 2020 they need to be done with him.
Can't trust him, never want to play w a guy that you can't trust or cares not ab the team, time to cut and move on

Rayman70

Reaction score
^^^this^^^ IS REALITY. Well said and 100% true.