Does anyone have the clip online of Aikman giving props to Newman

playmakers

Reaction score
Troy Aikman saying some consider Terrance Newman the top cover corner in the NFL. It was on Thanksgiving against the Buccaners and early into the 1st.

I want to send it to my friend, who is an Eagle fan, and always harasses me that Lito Sheppard is twice the player he is. He always say's look at the pro bowls. Thanks

Hoofbite

Reaction score
AdamJT13;1505719 said:
Your friend would take Troy Aikman's word for it?

Probably wouldn't take the word of Christ himself.....were talking an eagles fan here...

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Well, if your "friend" thinks Lito Sheppard is twice the player TNew is, i'd say you have bigger problems than sticking up for TNew. Ya might want to reconsider your friend criteria.

bigE79

Reaction score
Big Dakota;1505729 said:
Well, if your "friend" thinks Lito Sheppard is twice the player TNew is, i'd say you have bigger problems than sticking up for TNew. Ya might want to reconsider your friend criteria.
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

superpunk

Reaction score
I wonder about that.

Before last season, eagles fans were jocking Brown in a similar manner to us with Newman - a rock-solid corner who doesn't get beat, but also maybe doesn't make too many plays on the ball. I saw alot hating on Shepherd because he was a gambler, made plays but gave up a ton, too.

I wonder which it is, as more Eagles fans are jocking Shepherd's performance now. :huh:

playmakers

Reaction score
No, no its a fun kind of thing. He throws stats etc at me and I throw them back at him. This will be one of many things Ill throw at him. I thought it would be fun to use this.

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
playmakers;1506137 said:
No, no its a fun kind of thing. He throws stats etc at me and I throw them back at him. This will be one of many things Ill throw at him. I thought it would be fun to use this.

hopefully one of the "many things" includes a molotov cocktail

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
playmakers;1505718 said:
Troy Aikman saying some consider Terrance Newman the top cover corner in the NFL. It was on Thanksgiving against the Buccaners and early into the 1st.

I want to send it to my friend, who is an Eagle fan, and always harasses me that Lito Sheppard is twice the player he is. He always say's look at the pro bowls. Thanks

Boyz_Tip-Int.gif

I don't have the clip, but show this to your friend. TNew is The Man!

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
SupermanXx;1506290 said:
pure awesome.. I forgot all about that play

You can thank "The Bobble" for that. A lot have people have forgotten how much everyone stepped up their play for that game. We really did play well.

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
CowboyMike;1506311 said:
You can thank "The Bobble" for that. A lot have people have forgotten how much everyone stepped up their play for that game. We really did play well.

Even if we had made that field goal at the end, I remember having absolutely ZERO confidence that our defense would have stopped Seattle and at least prevented a FG, though

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
They did play a lot better that they had been before that game. There was hope. Besides, TNew, Roy, and Bobby were beasts that day.

TEK2000

Reaction score
CowboyMike;1506419 said:
They did play a lot better that they had been before that game. There was hope. Besides, TNew, Roy, and Bobby were beasts that day.

I would not say Roy was a beast that day. He had some trouble with Jeremy Stevens in coverage.... and missed Scared Shawn on a clean opportunity in the backfield.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;1506278 said:
Boyz_Tip-Int.gif

I don't have the clip, but show this to your friend. TNew is The Man!
That type of play should be a statistical category all in itself.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
CowboyMike;1506311 said:

CowboyMike;1506419 said:
Bradie and Roy gave up the 40 yard TD pass with only minutes left in the 4th quarter to give Seattle the lead.

Then when the game was on the line, Bradie was absolutely blown up 5 yards off the line of scrimmage and Roy abandoned his responsibility and bit inside to allow Alexander to gain a first down and clinch the game.

Funny, they exploited our biggest weakness (Bradie James in pass coverage) and then almost immediately after dominated supposedly one of our biggest strengths (Bradie James and Roy Williams against the run).

But yeah, the defense really showed up in that game. If only Romo had held onto the ball. :rolleyes:

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
playmakers;1505718 said:

If you can tell me at what point of the game he said I can make a wmv and put it up for you.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
playmakers;1505718 said:

Just use the Jedi "history" mind trick. :trophy::lombardi:

SupermanXx;1506290 said:
pure awesome.. I forgot all about that play

I didnt. I remember that play everytime someone talks trash about Roy... there he was AGAIN in position to make a big play. He is always around the ball.... sometimes you win... sometimes you lose