Does anyone know how fast Zeke is at the moment?

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Doesn't have to be fast at the GL, 4th and inches, pass protection.
He still can complete that role.
Luepke could do all that as could just about any generic, younger RB. There's no need to waste money and a roster spot on Zeke just for those duties.

Also, Zeke only had 3 rushing TDs in 2023, so cross off GL. He can't do that effectively.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I know, man it's hilarious that that video is supposed to wow us or knock our socks off. It was the best they could put together of a horrible season for a long since washed up RB.
This is also true. The highlight reel pathetic. Undrafted free agent rookies running backs have better highlight reels on YouTube.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Make stuff up about Zeke?

Nah, the issue here is you guys struggling to accept reality. Zeke is a slower, less explosive version of himself at his height. He's not fast or quick or going to break off 30 yard runs. He's much slower and a between the tackles runner at this point. He's a middling NFL TB at this point in terms of production and athleticism.

It's kind of odd that people think he's somehow going to get better/faster than he's been the last couple of years.
Except he gained 900+ APY at NE.

NE.

Sydla

Reaction score
Except he gained 900+ APY at NE.

NE.
Which is not as impressive as you think. Dig deeper and he was barely inside the Top 50 in yards from scrimmage per touch. Blaming it on being on NE is just excuse making to justify the bizarre belief Elliott was a smart signing.

He's a middling NFL TB at this point and certainly not a solution to anything. He's a typical, cheap, cross your fingers and hope we get lucky type of signing by Jerry and Stephen.

CWR

Reaction score
The video I posted was from last year when he played for the Pats.

Watch the video again, since reading and comprehension isnt your thing.

I've been super critical about Zeke being our rb1, but I'll admit he did show some nice burst in this highlight video. Make no mistake it's a highlight video, but that doesn't detract from a burst I didn't expect him capable of.

I'd love to see a slimed down quicker Zeke with something to prove.

To clarify I don't hate Zeke at all, I hate our GM for his tactics at the position. I'd love to be wrong though.

Sydla

Reaction score
I've been super critical about Zeke being our rb1, but I'll admit he did show some nice burst in this highlight video. Make no mistake it's a highlight video, but that doesn't detract from a burst I didn't expect him capable of.

I'd love to see a slimed down quicker Zeke with something to prove.

To clarify I don't hate Zeke at all, I hate our GM for his tactics at the position. I'd love to be wrong though.
The Zeke-bots around here try to make everything personal. I don't dislike Zeke. I didn't dislike him when he was here. My issue was with what he represented - a mistake the Cowboys made first by investing a Top 5 pick in a TB and then stupidly paying him that contract. Those were roster mistakes. It could have been any RB that we took at 4 and then handed a $90MM contract too, I would have had an issue with it.

Bringing back Zeke would be fine if.............. he was here for what his role should be - a third TB, insurance, etc. Instead, they brought him back because he's cheap and that the Jones somehow thinks he solves our RB woes. So it's not Zeke hate. It's what Zeke represents - throw crap against the wall and hope it sticks because he's cheap and that's what drives the Jones in FA. Not skill of the player or the need of the team. It's how freaking cheap they can get guys.

Reactions: CWR

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Clocking someone when they hit full stride mid 40-60 is pointless. It's about how fast you can get to that top speed.

The issue with Zeke is that he lacks burst near the line and he is slow hitting the outside. Watch someone like Nick Chubb hitting holes - the moment he touches the ball he has a burst and start and stop quickly as well.

The NFL isn't just about straight 40s. It rarely ever is.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
0:32 - a great example of Zeke's problem near the line. Look how long it takes him to get back up to speed once he gets the ball. There was great blocking on this play so it works out for him, but the issue with Zeke is his burst near the line. It's never coming back.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The Zeke-bots around here try to make everything personal. I don't dislike Zeke. I didn't dislike him when he was here. My issue was with what he represented - a mistake the Cowboys made first by investing a Top 5 pick in a TB and then stupidly paying him that contract. Those were roster mistakes. It could have been any RB that we took at 4 and then handed a $90MM contract too, I would have had an issue with it.

Bringing back Zeke would be fine if.............. he was here for what his role should be - a third TB, insurance, etc. Instead, they brought him back because he's cheap and that the Jones somehow thinks he solves our RB woes. So it's not Zeke hate. It's what Zeke represents - throw crap against the wall and hope it sticks because he's cheap and that's what drives the Jones in FA. Not skill of the player or the need of the team. It's how freaking cheap they can get guys.
It isnt the cheapness , jerry took him for a steak dinner after he passed the drug test!
Jerry likes him, only let him go due to EE would not take the paycut.

He is jerrys fav, so he is defacto starter now.

Also elliot was pretty fast when he ran home to daddy jones lol, ran a 4.0 back home where he can be comfortable, and not
be accountable, or work hard.

SFloridaCowboy

Reaction score
The whole purpose of my posting this subject to learn the truth about Zeke's current speed in the 40 and in the 10 yard tests. I was hoping the coaches would report to the press, to us, his real speed right now. The only person I know of in Cowboys history who got faster was Michael Irvin after his 1989 ACL injury. At the draft 1988, at age 22, Jimmy Johnson had feared teams would not rate him so high because of his 4.56 speed. After the ACL rehab, he came back in 1990 with a 4.52 40, but again he was only 24 years old.

So again, I call out to Cowboys management to tell us fans what is Zeke's speed in the 10 and in the 40.

doomsday9084

Reaction score

There are his rookie highlights. i think its important to watch. Look at how many times he is just fast enough to get out of arms reach of a tackler and create a big play. I think people really underestimate the damage losing a step does to a running back. Just a slightly slower player couldn't make many of those plays.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know, man it's hilarious that that video is supposed to wow us or knock our socks off. It was the best they could put together of a horrible season for a long since washed up RB.
Who said you had to be "wowed" or lose your socks?

Nobody. You are making that up so you can mock and ridicule...at something that does not exist.

Can he contribute? No reason to think not.

Unless you hate him?

The video just shows he still has the capability to make some good plays, not showing he's gonna lead the league in rushing. That's it.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For some reason I am still seeing the title "does anyone know how fat zeke is at the moment?"

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Which is not as impressive as you think. Dig deeper and he was barely inside the Top 50 in yards from scrimmage per touch. Blaming it on being on NE is just excuse making to justify the bizarre belief Elliott was a smart signing.

He's a middling NFL TB at this point and certainly not a solution to anything. He's a typical, cheap, cross your fingers and hope we get lucky type of signing by Jerry and Stephen.
So 900+ APY and 5 TDs is not a good thing???