Does anyone know how fast Zeke is at the moment?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
71ac4232c35d7e7bc59f75a2a4b4c1ba.gif

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As long as he gets 1st downs and TD's. Who cares?

He will not get the break away long TD runs. But then again, how many do you really see from any RB? Not as many as some think they do.
However we still need that RB with speed and power.

If he gets the dirty yards, keeps the ball moving, gets those 5 to 10 yards runs. And gets a few 15 to 20 yards runs. That is good enough. Dowdle, maybe Peat has that speed to get some of the longer runs.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I think Zeke use to have 4.45 speed at the combine. He is so freaking slow now, I would have to guess 4.9 or even 5.0
Even that midget RB they drafted haa 4.6 speed. I think Dowdle is 4.5 and Davis is 4.6. What a slow group of RBs

Hadenough

Reaction score
I would say he can run much faster than 95%, if not 100% on this board that are around his age, or younger.

When was the last time anyone timed themselves on the 40?
Dude slow in the NFL is fast pedestrian. Zeke being faster than people in this forum ain't saying much. But those of us who are fortunate to be able see well with our own eyes can see that Zeke is pretty much done.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dude slow in the NFL is fast pedestrian. Zeke being faster than people in this forum ain't saying much. But those of us who are fortunate to be able see well with our own eyes can see that Zeke is pretty much done.
Well, probably many on here need glasses or better ones. As we have no idea how fast he is.
He was not brought in to be that guy with break away speed. His role will not be that, as MM stated that his carries would be less than when he was here before.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Well, probably many on here need glasses or better ones. As we have no idea how fast he is.
He was not brought in to be that guy with break away speed. His role will not be that, as MM stated that his carries would be less than when he was here before.
Zeke would make a great fullback at this point in his career. That's not meant to be a knock but he can still catch, block and run but he just lacks speed.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:laugh: yeah true. But I still think he can be an asset and mentor. Not just to the RB group but to the young OL as well.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Wasnt there just a thread recently where they said they believe he can be the lead back?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke would make a great fullback at this point in his career. That's not meant to be a knock but he can still catch, block and run but he just lacks speed.
This was where he was missed on short yardage situation and scoring in the red zone, inside the 5. 12 TD's were a lot to miss. Two instances when Pollard did not score, or could not, and Luepke's fumble against Miami, could have been won with Zeke in there.

I do not have high expectations of Zeke gaining 100 yards a game, heck maybe not even 60. But what he can do is keep the ball moving for 1st downs and TD's. Though there will be times he will be stopped as well. Unless the OL is improved.