Does anyone remember how bad our line sucked?

Rockytop6

Reaction score
vlad said:
Other than signing a backup from Detroit, how have we improved it? Its not like we wearing tearing open holes before Flo got hurt.

Right now, it looks like we are counting on:
1) Flo to get healthy and return to form
2) Rivera to get healthy (back) and return to pre-Dallas form
3) Kosier elevating his play to that of a starter for a good team. (Detroit's offense hasn't been too hot lately(
4) Pettiti improving, getting stronger and quicker
5) Johnson in his 3rd year getting much stronger to help control the middle. Guroude in his 4th year returning to form on ihs rookie year.

Easily the OL was the biggest problem for the Cowboys, by a WIDE margin. Poor Julius, Drew, Marion, and our tired defense if these assumptions above don't work out.
What do you other fans think in terms of how big you thought OL was a problem last year (especially compared to WR, LB, the only comparable position need to me is FS, but still OL is much more important) compared with what we have done so far to address it?

oh and i'm not worried about these signings the skins are making, unless your skill position is up to the level of a TO or something like that, I think you are much wiser building from the inside (lines) out.

thoughts?
thanks

I'm really surprised that you aren't paying better attention to what is going on. TO will be playing RT; also K and FS. Besides all of that he will play WR and take us to the SB. Please quit worrying or you will be called a Chicken Little.

Joe a Cowboys fan

Reaction score
I figure we get an OT in the first round of the draft, there are three that should be some where around 18 and they look fairly good to me. That covers a guard and a tackle spot. We blew it on geting a premier center, that will hurt. Ater that we will probably split the rest of the draft geting WRs and FS. Dallas makes being a GM so easy. roflol

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
We can all plan on seeing this:

LT...Adams
LG...Kosier
C...Big Al/Gurode
RG...Rivera
RT...Petitti/Columbo/draft pic?

If that is the starting oline than we will also plan on seeing

sack.jpg