Does Bland have a shot at DPOY?

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
I hope not, I'd rather he keeps his head on, progresses week by week.

If he does get to 5 or 6, he could start "chasing" individual accolades / start down a boom or bust path.

Just keep going young man, team first.

John813

Reaction score
Seems like sacks go further for the DPOY than INTs.

That being said, as long as no edge rusher is nearing 20 sacks/few memorable dominating performances then I'd say he would have a shot.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
DPOY is a perception award.

So the quantity isn't as important as the quality or "when". (See Diggs 2 years ago).

Also, being a 5th round sophomore Bland is severely under the radar. He would probably have to do something that's never been done before to have a shot at DPOY this year.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
What’s the record on pick 6s in a season by a single player?

If he continues on his pace— he will certainly be in the conversation IMO. Do what he is doing after moving from the nickel corner to replace Diggs?

Straight baller.

Praxit

Reaction score
..oh yeah. He'll be in that talk. I can see him getting around 12+ picks this year.

and of those,some for TD's.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I hope he gets it.

We can put it right next to the ‘#1 offense in 2021 (or whenever it was)’ trophy.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

If he continues on his pace— he will certainly be in the conversation IMO. Do what he is doing after moving from the nickel corner to replace Diggs?

Straight baller.
The record is 4 if the announcers from the last game are to be believed. Frankly I don't think Bland will be able to get into that conversation because eventually teams are gonna quit messin wit him. While having teams completely stop throwing your way worked for Deion, Bland does not quite have Deion's profile and persona. Deion was already a star and one of the best, most impactful defensive players in the league before he won the award in '94. Bland might win it in 3 or 4 years but no way he can get it now coming out of nowhere like he has.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Let's say he leads the league in interceptions and 6 pick sixes this season. Shattering the NFL record. Any shot?
He would likely win DPOY with 6 pick-sixes but that’s not happening. Deion Sanders had 8 pick-sixes in his entire career.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The record is 4 if the announcers from the last game are to be believed.
They’re correct.

The NFL record for single-season pick-sixes is four, held by three players -- Eric Allen (1993), Jim Kearney (1972) and Ken Houston (1971).

lostar2009

Reaction score
Its possible, along with some more ints and strong play. Another 2-3 pick 6 should have him on top of the list.

Havic

Reaction score
He needs a few more pick 6s to have a chance imo. Has to be absolutely something phenomenal

RomoIsGod

Reaction score

Straight baller.

RomoIsGod

Reaction score
The most Deion Sanders had was 3 in a season and he was DPOTY.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The most Deion Sanders had was 3 in a season and he was DPOTY.
He was also Deion Sanders, about as visible a player as there has ever been (and if shutdown corner means anything, he was one), and Kevin Greene led the league with only 14 sacks that year.

It would take a lot more for Bland to win it, especially with Parsons around to split the Cowboys vote.