Does Dak really want to be a Dallas Cowboy?

Flamma

Reaction score
well he turned it down because he wanted to get another contract in four years. At least that is my impression.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. He's not getting another contract in 4 years unless the Cowboys give him a 3 year deal next year. So what's the point?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Like the old saying goes, it takes two to tango. It's entirely possible that Dak has lost his desire to remain a Cowboy. It's also equally as possible that the Cowboys are willing to take their chances of improving upon him. It should prove interesting to see what the future holds for both factions. McCarthy has become accustomed to working with some excellent QBs in the past. He might easily be a factor in the Cowboys plans, as well as their front office.
"It's entirely possible that Dak has lost his desire to remain a Cowboy.."

This maybe true.

He maybe dulled by how things have gone since 2016 was so rosey.

We all are.

I feel, and this has nothing to do with how the NFL and its contracts work..

that Dallas should have stepped up after Dak rebounded in 2018 and met the challenges of coming back from the 3-5 start and having to win against Seattle with his best performance against a really good team..

Dallas should have rewritten his deal then. They did it with Zeke after he held out and got his deal redone before it ended.

Dak had to have seen that and said "that ain't cool to leave him hanging."

And to me it wasn't. Dak would still have had to play his contract out but he would have received some money as a 'thanx'.

But Dallas choose to not do it. This I think may have dialed Dak back a bit. Something did that set him off on how he has chosen to negotiate.

I think France is tough enough to deal with, but if Dak is fully behind approving how he is doing it..

then I would understand why.

Just my 2 cents. Dak and Zeke should have been treated as equals.

They have not been.