Does Dallas have inside track for home field advantage if the win in Philly?

Sydla

Reaction score
Just curious
Hard to really say this early but yes. As Marcus said if we would win out, we'd be the #1 seed.

But that's unlikely. If we sweep Philly, most definitely we'd be in great shape. Remember some of the tiebreakers too. Record against common opponents is after divisional record. We beat the Jets and Philly lost. However, we lost to San Fran so if Philly beats San Fran in a few weeks, it kind of mitigates their Jets loss. After common opponents is conference record. Right now, Philly has zero conference losses, we have two.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Just curious
Still very early, but the team that has the easiest path for the #1 seed is the Lions as their schedule is very manageable. We still have to face the Eagles, Washington twice (always gives us problems), Seattle, Detroit and then road games against the Bills/Dolphins. The Eagles schedule gets real hard the next few weeks, but gets very easy in later on.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
It would take a minor miracle for the Lions to not get the #1 seed just because of their schedule.
I’d rather they get it than a team like Philly or SF though, especially if Dallas ends up a wild card team. Thats a scenario where the cowboys get to play inside a dome meanwhile SF/phi would likely play each other round 2.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It would take a minor miracle for the Lions to not get the #1 seed just because of their schedule.
They(Lions) do have a cake schedule compared to other top-tier NFC teams but that will bite them in the playoffs when they aren't ready for the big boys. They need that 1seed in the playoffs above all other contenders in the NFC playoffs.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
But it's the Lions. Would be a huge leap for them, their last division title was 1993 :omg:
That doesn't mean much.

They could play worse football and have a better record down the stretch than Dallas/Philly just because of the teams they play.

Bears (2)
Vikings (2)
Packers
Saints
Chargers
Cowboys
Broncos

You can play bad football and go 7-2

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
That doesn't mean much.

They could play worse football and have a better record down the stretch than Dallas/Philly just because of the teams they play.

Bears (2)
Vikings (2)
Packers
Saints
Chargers
Cowboys
Broncos

You can play bad football and go 7-2
And if Goff goes down for more than a couple of games?

And if history doesn't mean much, how do you explain 29 straight non division title seasons? Something going on there.

Now of course things can eventually change, the Saints were the laughing stock of the league for most of their first 40+ seasons, but eventually won a SB and have been contenders most of the past few years. So it can happen.

Just that I won't be surprised if they fall apart and drop out of the race for a top playoff spot....

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
And if Goff goes down for more than a couple of games?

And if history doesn't mean much, how do you explain 29 straight non division title seasons? Something going on there.

Now of course things can eventually change, the Saints were the laughing stock of the league for most of their first 40+ seasons, but eventually won a SB and have been contenders most of the past few years. So it can happen.

Just that I won't be surprised if they fall apart and drop out of the race for a top playoff spot....
Yea and if my aunt had balls.

History doesn't mean anything for this year.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Too soon. There is a gauntlet of tough games coming. Will know more after the 2nd Philly game.

Bagman

Reaction score
Agree. They have the ultimate cupcake schedule. Hopefully they start doing "Detroit Lion" things.

Creeper

Reaction score
I am confident the Cowboys will make the playoffs, but I don't think they will win the division. The Eagles have 5 tough games ahead, @KC, Buffalo, San Francisco, @Dallas and @Seattle after this week. KC and Seattle on the road are going to be tough games for them. But getting SF at home is a big break. Even if they only win 2 of these games they finish 13-4. Keep an eye on the Seattle game. If the Eagles lose that one it could be important at the end.

Dallas has Seattle, Philadelphia, @Buffalo, @Miami, and Detroit after this week. Going to Buffalo and Miami will be tough, and Miami has a grass field. I just feel Dallas will not finish the season any better than 12-5 again.

But what counts is beating the Eagles and 49ers in the playoffs. Beating Seattle is important too,just in case they have to face Seattle in the playoffs. They want home field in that game.

Mark

Reaction score
We can only hope that the Lions will eventually be the Lions, and stumble. DET has one exactly ONE playoff game since 1957 (vs. the Cowboys at the Silverdome, 38-6).

That said, I'd much rather have a playoff game on the artificial turf at Ford Field than on grass at SF or PHI.