Does Dallas have inside track for home field advantage if the win in Philly?

GMO415

Reaction score
Dallas fully controls their own destiny right now. The down side for the cowboys is a brutal schedule and both losses so far are in conference one being to the 49ers. Not set up great for tie breakers.
Cowboys have a brutal home stretch, but it helps that the 49ers are getting destroyed lately.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
We can only hope that the Lions will eventually be the Lions, and stumble. DET has one exactly ONE playoff game since 1957 (vs. the Cowboys at the Silverdome, 38-6).

That said, I'd much rather have a playoff game on the artificial turf at Ford Field than on grass at SF or PHI.
They have had a few other playoff games. I know they lost to Philly in 95. I remember this game because of a stat where they gave up 31 points in a quarter. We beat Philly the following week en route to a Super Bowl victory...our last Super Bowl victory.

Mark

Reaction score
They have had a few other playoff games. I know they lost to Philly in 95. I remember this game because of a stat where they gave up 31 points in a quarter. We beat Philly the following week en route to a Super Bowl victory...our last Super Bowl victory.
Oops...my mistake. I meant to write that the Cowboys had WON exactly one playoff game since 1957.

Mark

Reaction score
That game vs them in 91 scarred me for life.
That was a tough one to take. Aikman out with a late-season injury; had to rely on Steve Beuerlein. Cowboys turned the ball over four times.

The next couple of seasons were a lot more fun. :)

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We need Philly and 9ers at 5 losses to have a chance I think.

This week is massive though for the big picture.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
We can only hope that the Lions will eventually be the Lions, and stumble. DET has one exactly ONE playoff game since 1957 (vs. the Cowboys at the Silverdome, 38-6).

That said, I'd much rather have a playoff game on the artificial turf at Ford Field than on grass at SF or PHI.
Dallas - or really any other team - would be better off as the lower seed going to DET in the wildcard.

Virginia-Dave

Reaction score
And if history doesn't mean much, how do you explain 29 straight non division title seasons? Something going on there.
What was going on was Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers. The Packers won the division in 15 of those seasons. The Vikings were also pretty good many of those years with Randy Moss and/or Adrian Peterson among others. Mostly, it was because the Lions were a poorly run organization. I definitely don't want the Lions having success, they're one of the only teams that's been worse than the Cowboys when it comes to playoff wins. They haven't won a playoff game since 1991. The last time they actually won their division, in 1993, they lost the Wild Card game to the Packers. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have won the NFC North more recently than the Detroit Lions, lol!

Mannix

Reaction score
The reason we are 11 - 0 at home right now has a GREAT deal to do with the opponents....while I DO understand that who we play is predetermined...no argument there...we ALWAYS seem to get the BEST non divisional and non conference teams on the road. This has been the case for years.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
What was going on was Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers. The Packers won the division in 15 of those seasons. The Vikings were also pretty good many of those years with Randy Moss and/or Adrian Peterson among others. Mostly, it was because the Lions were a poorly run organization. I definitely don't want the Lions having success, they're one of the only teams that's been worse than the Cowboys when it comes to playoff wins. They haven't won a playoff game since 1991. The last time they actually won their division, in 1993, they lost the Wild Card game to the Packers. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have won the NFC North more recently than the Detroit Lions, lol!
91 hate em

DFWJC

Reaction score
Just curious
Not quite
Philly has a 1.5-game lead so they will still lead the division even if we win.

But...if the perfect world...if we beat them a 2nd time...and somehow don't lose any other games....we would be NFCE champs

kuyyo_morro

Reaction score
Lions have a chance of getting to NFCCG this season if they get #1 seed. Win 1 playoff game and play in championship game.

lukin2006

Reaction score
We control our own fate. A few weeks back after San Fran throttled us I thought we’d be going on the road for sure…Go Cowboys.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nope. Dallas faces a tough remaining schedule. Not going to be easy, which an inside track would imply.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Just curious
Too many scenarios left to play out. If we win here and lose when Philly visits, then our records are the same and Philly holds the tiebreaker edge because we've lost more games in the NFC.

If we lose another game and San Fran doesn't, then the 49ers hold the tiebreaker edge because of head to head.

Then, there's Detroit, which might have the easiest schedule and only has two losses.

What we do with this game is get an edge on Philly for now. Doesn't count for more than that until we see what both teams do the rest of the season. If Philly wins, same thing.

ATXSRT

Reaction score
We'll likely end 12-5 again tbh. I'm fine with that.

ICP

Reaction score
With the remaining schedule I would say no