Does Dalton do anything better than Dak?

phildadon86

Reaction score
It takes a special kind of stupid to take 1 game and jump to a conclusion like this

Not surprising you accomplished this tho
A lot of people here judged Dak after one game. I guess thats ok though. Whatever fits. In other news. Dalton was horrible. We need to tank and get someone on the defensive side who can play. Better yet. That wants to play lol

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
A lot of people here judged Dak after one game. I guess thats ok though. Whatever fits. In other news. Dalton was horrible. We need to tank and get someone on the defensive side who can play. Better yet. That wants to play lol
Who in their right mind judged Dak after his first game???

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed that Dalton needs more time before being judged, but it's a bit understandable that some have reacted this way given there were a number of people talking about how we would now find what the team can do with a good QB.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Nobody did and these dudes can never show the proof of this bs they claim. For me Dak didn't end up where he was at until that start without Dez until Amari came. That's a whole year and almost a half from his first game. That's why I don't like these Dak stans and their very unprovable lies.

Edit: I have post from Dak rookie season where I said people need to give Dak and anybody else time before judging after many didn't even want Dak here. I'm about waiting not just making snap decisions so I can claim first on a messagebaord or anywhere for that matter but definitely on here.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Agreed that Dalton needs more time before being judged, but it's a bit understandable that some have reacted this way given there were a number of people talking about how we would now find what the team can do with a good QB.
This is bs. If you're a person that complains about how something is going you can't then do the same thing you complained about and claim I'm just doing it back. That means you had no problem with the behavior in the first place just that you didn't like being the victim of it. If you feel that way awesome I agree with you but most were on the that's not fair only to use the same logic. Heck outta here.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
He stole Romo’s spot after the first game when Romo was still on IR??

Make it make sense
Yeah how could he steal Romos job when until the win streak everybody was saying we hope Dak just keeps it decent until Romo can come back. These stans are shameful and definitely rewriting history

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yes but that wasnt after one game

We are talking about judging Dalton after this one game. If he goes to Washington and throws for 5Tds and we win, dont you see how foolish these posts are??
truth.. zekes fumbles ,martin going down early, plays behind that garbage line and Gallup dropped a TD pass in the first half..i mean Dak was struggling with Tos because of the same issues..

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is bs. If you're a person that complains about how something is going you can't then do the same thing you complained about and claim I'm just doing it back. That means you had no problem with the behavior in the first place just that you didn't like being the victim of it. If you feel that way awesome I agree with you but most were on the that's not fair only to use the same logic. Heck outta here.
I didn't say it was a fair reaction, just that it was understandable. Hell, I had the same initial instinct to throw it back at people myself, but I haven't because I realize reason needs to prevail, and Dalton needs a chance to get in sync. Unfortunately there are people on both sides that don't think that way.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I didn't say it was a fair reaction, just that it was understandable? Hell, I had the same initial instinct to throw it back at people myself, but I haven't because I realize reason needs to prevail, and Dalton needs a chance to get in sync. Unfortunately there are people on both sides that don't think that way.
Its not understandable unless like I said you didn't complain about how wrong it was in the first place. People pulling animal farm routines is never understandable. If I'm complaining about how blah blah blah is wrong I'm not going to pull the same stunt soon as I get a chance. I guess I'm not on my emotional stuff and see how silly that looks when saying that's wrong but doing the same thing when given the chance to. People aren't men/women of principle and that's not understandable.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yes but that wasnt after one game

We are talking about judging Dalton after this one game. If he goes to Washington and throws for 5Tds and we win, dont you see how foolish these posts are??
I dont see how they are foolish. I dont care if its 1 game. I was told. By many people on here. There would be NO drop off. Dalton would be more accurate, he wouldnt lead his receivers into bad situations, he wouldnt overthrow, etc etc. He came in and looked like a rookie. Thats why people are judging him after 1 game. Posters set him up to be judged after one game. He had a chance to shut a lot of people up. He failed. Miserably.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its not understandable unless like I said you didn't complain about how wrong it was in the first place. People pulling animal farm routines is never understandable. If I'm complaining about how blah blah blah is wrong I'm not going to pull the same stunt soon as I get a chance. I guess I'm not on my emotional stuff and see how silly that looks when saying that's wrong but doing the same thing when given the chance to. People aren't men/women of principle and that's not understandable.
I'm sure some were complaining about how wrong it was, but some, as always, likely felt it, but didn't say anything until after they had something tangible to use in the argument. But, again, that works both ways, and even so, Dalton needs more than one game to judge from regardless of what people said or didn't say before.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I'm sure some were complaining about how wrong it was, but some, as always, likely felt it, but didn't say anything until after they had something tangible to use in the argument. But, again, that works both ways, and even so, Dalton needs more than one game to judge from regardless of what people said or didn't say before.
If they didn't say something until they could have a leg up that's called a coward in CZ nice language. I'm sure you can think of other words I really call it. There is no both sides my friend. Save that talk for the off topic zone. Either you believe something is wrong or you don't. It is really that simple. We do agree Dalton needs more than one game because if every game is going to go like this Dak most likely isn't going to be here because they'll have a top pick to get blue chip QB prospect.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If they didn't say something until they could have a leg up that's called a coward in CZ nice language. I'm sure you can think of other words I really call it. There is no both sides my friend. Save that talk for the off topic zone. Either you believe something is wrong or you don't. It is really that simple. We do agree Dalton needs more than one game because if every game is going to go like this Dak most likely isn't going to be here because they'll have a top pick to get blue chip QB prospect.
Calm down a bit. People do this all the time on this site, and I agree it's frustrating, but it is what it is. There are a lot that dislike Dak that do the same thing - are absent when the team wins, but come out in force when they don't - can ignore all the good things, and harp heavily on one bad thing. In any case, there is no beef with me. Again, I think Dalton shouldn't be judged too much on one game.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Because I can't go through an entire season believing my team is going to lose every game I am going to hold out hope that Dalton just needed a game to knock the rust off. I almost lost my dinner watching him average under 5 yards per attempt in that first half. I'm screaming "dude throw the damn ball down the field" at the TV. No he did not have all day to throw but he had ample time on probably 60-70% of his dropbacks and the result was a 5 yard crossing route or a dumpoff. This kind of thing drives me insane. We threw a 3 yard pass on 3rd and 17. Really!?!?! Dalton played scared last night, no two ways about it. The rush got his eyes down on a dozen or more occasions and he threw quick little dumpoffs rather than taking shots down the field most of the night. I read a scouting report on his last years in Cincy that said that was who he had devolved into. A guy who would throw short all day and who would bring his eyes down when the rush got close and throw the ball away or into the ground rather than take a hit.

I thought of some of you idiots claiming "he leads receivers better" at two moments last night. The first was when they put up the graphic that showed the Cowboys were #1 in the NFL in yards after the catch coming into the game and then the other was when he "led" the receiver nicely except Budda Baker was right there waiting to pounce on it for in interception. Coop had a half a step on the corner and had Dalton thrown it AT the receiver and made him slow down it's probably a completion or a PBU by the corner at worst. Maybe even a PI because the corner would have had to go through Coop to make a play in the ball. But since Dalton "led" him it went right to the safety. I'm going to give Dalton one more game to show he can actually play the position. If he stinks it up in DC then I will declare this season "a wrap" and start waiting for the Draft Show.