Does defense win championships now?

RodeoJake

Reaction score
We have gone round and round and much hand wringing has occurred with regarding to our capabilities to win with a top flight defense.

Much has been conveyed in terms of our QB not being good enough to compliment our defense. Much has been said about our defense not being able to overcome the shortcomings on the offensive side of the ball...

Does last night convince anyone new? I've been convinced since this defense began to show itself early this season. Is anyone else now convinced that this defense can lead us to a championship? A great defense can neutralize any high powered offense. QB pressure can completely wreck an offensive game plan... Just ask Dak about that one.

Our defense has peaked at the right time and it doesn't matter who we play from here on out.

I've seen this D come together. It's good, maybe good enough to go the distance. There's still a piece or 2 missing, but you cain't have it all in the salary cap era.

Where I've come around is on Dak. He's not an elite passer, but when allowed to use his legs here and there, he wins. It ain't always pretty when he throws, but he does enough in the passing game to move the offense. The coaches need to let him run 5 to 8 times a game to keep defenses from teeing off on him. Bottom line: Dak can come through in the end.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
We have gone round and round and much hand wringing has occurred with regarding to our capabilities to win with a top flight defense.

Much has been conveyed in terms of our QB not being good enough to compliment our defense. Much has been said about our defense not being able to overcome the shortcomings on the offensive side of the ball...

Does last night convince anyone new? I've been convinced since this defense began to show itself early this season. Is anyone else now convinced that this defense can lead us to a championship? A great defense can neutralize any high powered offense. QB pressure can completely wreck an offensive game plan... Just ask Dak about that one.

Our defense has peaked at the right time and it doesn't matter who we play from here on out.
Always has. With rare occasion you can get by in the playoffs without one. Watch KC next week.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
Irvin said he has never bought into Defenses win championships, he said Defenses that take the ball away win championships.

In my mind, a 3 and out + punt is basically a turnover, more so true if you have a strong return game. Austin seems to provide that