Does Demarcus Lawrence's strip-sack make his rookie season a success?

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Does Demarcus Lawrence's strip-sack make his rookie season a success?

No more so than does the non-call automatically make the game a Detroit win.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Missing training camp for a rookie is big. It is a lot to overcome when the vast majority of the teaching is taking place during that period. Right now we are getting a lot of effort out of him but we will not truly know what we have in Lawrence until next year.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
He deserves a full year to be graded even with that play. What's really amazing is how he went from the sack to the ball.
He wasn't going to be denied.

Yeah he deserves time.

I hope that was the flash of things to come.

We need more of that in playoffs.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
His season is not over so if he does something similar Sunday, yes I would call it a success.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
@xwalker

You have all 22 right? Who was Stafford targeting this play? Whoever it was, Stafford stared him down. I'd like to know if it looks like it would be an easy pass?

dlaw-sack-lions-1.gif

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I think he was going Johnson all the way. Tate was covered, but I can't tell based on his head angle lol.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I think his season was successful. To fight all season and finally to come in for one play to make a sack shouldn't be discounted as just a "Rudy" moment.

You can see he has some skills and is the type of passrusher we need in that position. Two games in a row now he has made an impact. This game and the Washington game.

LOBO7

Reaction score
He now knows he can do it.
That confidence will change his world.
Plus a little taste of success....

jrumann59

Reaction score
He'll have to develop some other moves besides a bull rush to become a consistent factor as a passrusher.
That'll come during the offseason and the next training camp. It's encouraging to see he's improving, however.
Having a variety of passrush moves is the best way to keep an OT off balance. It'll come in time if he works hard.

I played DL in HS and the Bullrush to me was one of the harder moves to master because it is about leverage and hand placement and it has to change weekly based on who you are lining up against. The swims and rips are easier to perform but are an art, you have to set the guy up to consistently execute those moves. The spin move is probably one of the dumbest ones I never liked turning my back to the blocker.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
On one hand he didn't get a true training camp. But at the same time.....we did we accuse Demarcus Ware of while he was here? Never making that clutch 4th quarter play right? He gave you two of them in closing minutes in the playoffs. Just let that sink in.

SPCowboysfan9

Reaction score
Nobody judged on one play or half a season but I'll say this......

After the fumble, the kid coulda crumbled. He came back and helped win the game. That says a awful lot to me bout his character.....